PDA

View Full Version : Issue installing Incognito

zenkyto
11-08-2010, 12:43 AM
After going through rom manager and getting to clockwork, I receive an error message saying
e:signature verification failed

installation aborted.

This is my first attempt at installing one of these things and I have no idea what to do, so any help will be very appreciated :)

davidindabible
11-08-2010, 09:52 AM
1. it could be that Incognito themes are for Rubix theme.
2. Try installing it the way they recommend
Install Instructions:
Download rubiXFocused1.6.zip
Move to root of SD Card
Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SD Card
Select rubiXFocused1.6.zip
Install
Reboot
3. Something I don't know :)

zenkyto
11-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Ahh, that might help :) I figured that I had missed a step but was unsure as to what it was. After I install rubiX, do I go in the same way after that and install incognito?

davidindabible
11-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Yea. Something I found was..
at least for me, if I installed any apps, I wouldn't get any service. So basically, I waited until my contact was synced, then installed using the same method, then went on to install my apps.

zenkyto
11-08-2010, 11:16 AM
No service after installing rubiX? That sounds like fun...

davidindabible
11-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Not exactly. It got fixed once I reinstalled using clean ROM. It seems to have problems for some people when its installed over some other ROM and such. For some people, putting the phone in plane mode -> turning it off/on seems to have fixed it.

I just chose to reinstall and it was fixed :)

Pensacola32526
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
How long does the phone take to reboot? Stuck at Rubix screen, cube not spinning, just RUBIX letters being highlighted over and over. After 15 minutes I could not get it to work, I will abort this mission, for now...

zenkyto
11-08-2010, 08:02 PM
When it says move to root of SD card, is that the same as just throwing it on the SD card with out it being in a folder?

davidindabible
11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Yea. It could be anywhere on the SD card. That's because when you boot into recovery mode, you scroll down to the "install zip from sd card" option, so you need the zip file (of the theme) on the SD card.