PDA

View Full Version : Mac users

gravybird
11-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Just wondering what other Mac users have figured out to with their DX? I have a Macbookpro, and an Imac at home, no windows machines whatsoever! I see a lot of the things people describe how to do is on a windows machine.

gravybird
11-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Just wondering about drivers and things like that. When I Usb the X to the imac, all that happens is the iphoto opens.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

dxlvr
11-07-2010, 10:42 AM
The DX runs on a Linux system so it is very compatible with Macs. When you plug your phone into your USB pull down your notifications bar on your x and choose mass storage. Then you can start transferring files back and forth or whatever you wish.

gravybird
11-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks. Ill give that a shot. :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Phildo
11-07-2010, 12:55 PM
also, look around at posts I have made. I'm a mac user as well, and have had to figure out how to do a lot of stuff on the mac, and I've been pretty good about posting up my results

gravybird
11-07-2010, 01:03 PM
thanks Phildo! will do! I've tried searching mac, mac users, mac droidx, and came up empty handed, but I see you have lots of threads for mac stuff. looks like I have some lurking to do!

SingingSabre
11-07-2010, 02:54 PM
The DX runs on a Linux system so it is very compatible with Macs. When you plug your phone into your USB pull down your notifications bar on your x and choose mass storage. Then you can start transferring files back and forth or whatever you wish.

Make sure to backup your camera roll (dcim>Camera) EVERY time you connect it. Sometimes it deletes photos upon disconnection for some people (like me).

Also check out Spanning Sync. Great program and far better than any Markspace sync programs I've tried.

lenrev
11-08-2010, 07:27 PM
OK, I've got a question. I use an iMac and tried to move my DX photos to it via Bluetooth. I know I can do this with the cable.

I get the two to pair and the Mac reports they are connected but the DX does not show a connection. Anyone able to file transfer via BT>

:-)
11-08-2010, 07:41 PM
That is one of the best things about the DX to me. I don't need iPhoto or itunes to actually use my phone. I backup my photos as I wish and add music without iTunes. I can add music and connect my DX to any Mac I own (or don't own) and it doesn't say things like "this phone isn't synced with this computer". :D

pegscraper
11-09-2010, 01:35 AM
OK, I've got a question. I use an iMac and tried to move my DX photos to it via Bluetooth. I know I can do this with the cable.

I get the two to pair and the Mac reports they are connected but the DX does not show a connection. Anyone able to file transfer via BT>

Yes, I've done it. On your Mac, open the bluetooth pulldown, go to your Droid device and send file. A window will open and you select the file to send. When you send it, the Droid will ask you if you want to accept the file and it's done.

Oh, I think I got your question backwards. To move a picture from the DX to the Mac, press the menu button, go to share and then bluetooth. That should do it.