PDA

View Full Version : Droid X Bootloader Issue Need Help

pwrdbykyank
11-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, i got a droid x on 2.1 software update 1, i have a bit of problem with it. When i power it on, it turns on and works fine, but after i power it off the 2nd time i turn it on, it goes to bootloader and says ready to program, i then need to take the battery out and leave it out for 1 minute and then put it back it so the phone will turn on normally again. It keeps doing this and i dont know how to fix it. Also in about phone area, the MEID and some other info says Unavailable or N/A. Any ideas guys?

rickkane
11-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey guys, i got a droid x on 2.1 software update 1, i have a bit of problem with it. When i power it on, it turns on and works fine, but after i power it off the 2nd time i turn it on, it goes to bootloader and says ready to program, i then need to take the battery out and leave it out for 1 minute and then put it back it so the phone will turn on normally again. It keeps doing this and i dont know how to fix it. Also in about phone area, the MEID and some other info says Unavailable or N/A. Any ideas guys?

Why do u not want to run the 2.2 update?

pwrdbykyank
11-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Why do u not want to run the 2.2 update?

i would but im worried if i mess with upgrading it or run a sbf on it, it might totally stop working, i want to know if there is anyone who knows about this problem or had this happen to them and was able to solve it or not. :)

rickkane
11-06-2010, 10:24 PM
i would but im worried if i mess with upgrading it or run a sbf on it, it might totally stop working, i want to know if there is anyone who knows about this problem or had this happen to them and was able to solve it or not. :)

I haven't had that exact problem, but I have run the sbf from the boatloader menu, and if you run the 2.2 sbf, it will reset your phone to factory spec, and you won't have that problem anymore. Plus you'll be on the new system! It's good trust me. Also, you'll be able to run all those hotrod blurless roms that are floating around!! Just sbf it.

pwrdbykyank
11-06-2010, 10:27 PM
ill do that as a last resort if i dont find any other solution in a hour, reason i say this is i tried my original 2.1 sbf, it flashed succesfully and phone looks stock but same problem presists so im not sure if the 2.2 will do anything

psychotic_penguin
11-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Can't say I've ever heard of an issue like this. Did it just start doing this lately after an app install? I assume you're not rooted or anything like that? A factory reset may be your best course of action, you'll most likely have to reinstall all your apps, but having a working phone is more important.

pwrdbykyank
11-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys i dont know what the problem was but it got fixed now! I did a 2.2 sbf and it didnt fix it, i then tried one more time with clearing cache and data/factory restore and now it works fine again :)