PDA

View Full Version : Steinheil Ultra Crystal washing?

AirJordan
11-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I tried putting my second Steinheil on my second Droid X, but during the installation, I got a lot of dust and other crud under the protector trying to fix it. Does anyone know how I could wash the screeen protector and have it still be able to stick to the screen? I've heard of soap and hot water being used, but how am I supposed to wash it?

Garemlin
11-06-2010, 05:41 PM
If it is only a few specs of dust try taking a piece of scotch tape and lightly dab where the dust spots are. Don't take the protector all the way off. Just peel it back at the corner closest to the dust particles. If that doesn't work just take it off, rinse it with water and a mild soap like Johnson's Baby Wash and then let it dry. I have had my Ultra on four different X's now and have never had an issue with reapplying. When I take it off I store it in a tupperware container as to not get dust on it. Also I washed the Steinheil Crystal that was on my Droid and had no problems with reinstallation. There is nothing to wash off of it that will affect it sticking on the screen.

AirJordan
11-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the response Garemlin! After rinsing it, should I just let it air dry in the tupperware container? I don't want to clean it only to get more dust on it, and me being clueless only adds to that possibility. :rolleyes: