PDA

View Full Version : Unrooted and needing help removing ClockworkMod Recovery.

Hostility6
11-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I've rooted then unrooted with super one click but still had superuser icon so I just dropped into trash. All was good then so I decided to uninstall/delete everything associated with root including going into astro and deleting (hope this isn't the downfall) clockwork folder holding backup:confused:... Now 1st time shutting down after doing all this last night then booting up this morning I'm still getting the clockworkmod recovery green screen to reboot system now. Only thing I can see left is in phone settings>applications>mng apps>all tab> is Terminal Emulator. So of course my ? is how the hell do I get rid of this?? l_n recommended reroot then delete logwrapper.bin to logwrapper. I really don't want to SBF flash so any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Running OTA 2.2

gtlightning
11-06-2010, 12:35 PM
i'm still some what of a noob, but the only way i found was to flash it.

iwasapirate
11-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Well... That's a head-scratcher...
Why did you unroot, and why don't you want to flash the SBF? I'm asking purely out of curiosity.

l_n
11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
You can re-root, delete /system/bin/hijack and /system/bin/logwrapper

Then rename /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper

andr0id
11-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Hmm I was also looking for a solution to this. I gave my sister my D2, but unrooted it first. I/she really doesn't care if clockworkmod Recovery is on the phone, but is there a way to stop it from booting every single time the phone boots? Like I said, it's fine to have on the phone, may even use it again, but I just want the phone to reboot like normal each time. Any options for that?....

overfiendx
11-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes, do what l_n suggested and you will be golden.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

DroidX74
11-18-2010, 03:58 PM

where do i go to do this? where are these files to make these changes?

thank you

Abe21599
11-18-2010, 04:02 PM
best bet would use root explorer (ADB can be used, but RE would be easier IMO)

overfiendx
11-18-2010, 05:54 PM
You could also just use a terminal emulator for the renaming and removal of the files.

DroidX74
11-19-2010, 09:15 AM
best bet would use root explorer (ADB can be used, but RE would be easier IMO)

thank you. i downloaded rootexplorer last night and will give it a shot today.

bigmook
11-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Worked for me http://tapa.tk/mu/aefdb136-cf6a-4eef.jpg

spasell
12-13-2010, 04:55 PM
BIG PROBLEM....My phone continues this endless cycle where it just shows the Red Eye, then Droid boot, then Red Eye, then Droid Boot, over and over and over in an endless loop...does not stop!!! Please help. I did exactly as suggested L_N and this is what happened. I'm totally confused now.

pablo1010
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Your probably going to need to sbf because it sounds like ur in a bootloop

Abe21599
12-13-2010, 06:02 PM
BIG PROBLEM....My phone continues this endless cycle where it just shows the Red Eye, then Droid boot, then Red Eye, then Droid Boot, over and over and over in an endless loop...does not stop!!! Please help. I did exactly as suggested L_N and this is what happened. I'm totally confused now.

try holding home when powering up and wiping data/cache

spasell
12-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Tried all of that...not SBF and to be honest I'm kind of a newbie at this stuff so I'd have to research that.

Verizon is actually sending me a replacement phone as we have corporate plans. Strange and I might be able to fix it but it is what it is.

I am going to reroot my phone when I get it but much more careful listening to what people post...obviously my phone worked fine before instructions above and total brick after and I followed it to the letter..instructions were easy actually but something is not right with them.

Thanks

overfiendx
12-16-2010, 05:57 PM
The instructions are fine. They work perfectly. In fact they could have other steps but that is not the subject at hand for what is there though the info is spot on. Not that you didn't follow them correctly but you may have typed a command wrong. It's not hard to do and has happened to everyone at some point. Please try to refrain from spreading misinformation if possible. This does work and is 100% safe.
Tried all of that...not SBF and to be honest I'm kind of a newbie at this stuff so I'd have to research that.

Verizon is actually sending me a replacement phone as we have corporate plans. Strange and I might be able to fix it but it is what it is.

I am going to reroot my phone when I get it but much more careful listening to what people post...obviously my phone worked fine before instructions above and total brick after and I followed it to the letter..instructions were easy actually but something is not right with them.

Thanks

Growler48
12-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Anyone else tried this? I've got the same problem, but I'm scared to do this after what happened to the OP.

joshw0000
12-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Anyone else tried this? I've got the same problem, but I'm scared to do this after what happened to the OP.

Yes, it works.

n0m0n
12-19-2010, 07:43 AM
OK I was directed to this thread becuase I am trying to update the OTA on my Droidx, but it always fails at the end.
Current About info-
Version: 2.2
Baseband: BP_C_01.09.07P
ERI: 5
PRL: 52105

I am rooted, have ClockworkMod, bootstrap installed.
Haven't really messed with any rom's, have Droidx Overclock installed even though I cant get past 1.15GHz, without the device freezing ( I am envious of all the ppl who have 1300).

I prefer not re-flashing or un-rooting (becuase I don't remember with method I used to root).

Any direction as to what I must do to get this to update?

ALSO: I don't remember removing any bloatware.

THANKS

Hostility6
12-19-2010, 09:57 AM

Thanks

You have done something wrong! L_n's instructions worked flawlessly no problems here! Have you fixed issue yet?

Hostility6
12-19-2010, 09:59 AM

No reason to be scared, just double check spelling and such and you'll be fine!

n0m0n
12-19-2010, 10:27 AM
OK I was directed to this thread becuase I am trying to update the OTA on my Droidx, but it always fails at the end.
Current About info-
Version: 2.2
Baseband: BP_C_01.09.07P
ERI: 5
PRL: 52105

I am rooted, have ClockworkMod, bootstrap installed.
Haven't really messed with any rom's, have Droidx Overclock installed even though I cant get past 1.15GHz, without the device freezing ( I am envious of all the ppl who have 1300).

I prefer not re-flashing or un-rooting (becuase I don't remember with method I used to root).

Any direction as to what I must do to get this to update?

ALSO: I don't remember removing any bloatware.

THANKS

OK what am I missing here?
I re-read this thread and only noticed that 2 folders need to be renamed...
What is everyone talking about following the instructed process???
Do you have to un-root?
Delete RomManager, bootstrap via the market?

Sorry but what am I missing this.
I am looking to install the OTA other then that I want to be rooted and all.

Thanks

Growler48
12-20-2010, 05:15 AM
No reason to be scared, just double check spelling and such and you'll be fine!

Just wanted to follow up on this. I didn't have to use this method. I simply went into settings > applications > Manage Applications > All > Rom Manager and DroidX Bootstrapper and cleared cache, data, force stop and uninstalled both. I then re-installed the apps and now my X boots normally again.

t.crawford714
01-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Just wanted to follow up on this. I didn't have to use this method. I simply went into settings > applications > Manage Applications > All > Rom Manager and DroidX Bootstrapper and cleared cache, data, force stop and uninstalled both. I then re-installed the apps and now my X boots normally again.

You now have the .340 OTA?

Abe21599
01-01-2011, 04:53 PM

if you flashed bootstrap, simply uninstalling it will NOT remove it.

Growler48
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Now 1st time shutting down after doing all this last night then booting up this morning I'm still getting the clockworkmod recovery green screen to reboot system now.

You now have the .340 OTA?
Yes.

if you flashed bootstrap, simply uninstalling it will NOT remove it.
The problem I was having was the same as the OP (above). After getting the .340 OTA, every time I rebooted, I ended up in Clockworkmod Recovery, however, he was trying to get rid of bootstrap. I was simply trying to get my phone to reboot correctly. I was able to do so by clearing cache and data.

joshw0000
01-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Yes.

The problem I was having was the same as the OP (above). After getting the .340 OTA, every time I rebooted, I ended up in Clockworkmod Recovery, however, he was trying to get rid of bootstrap. I was simply trying to get my phone to reboot correctly. I was able to do so by clearing cache and data.

If you have any more problems with it, uninstall bootstrap, reinstall, and click "bootstrap recovery". It should boot properly from then on.

thisguyb
01-19-2011, 12:25 PM
guys i need serious help... i rooted about 4 days ago using z4root after installing to SD (not knowing what i was doing of course) then unrooted. no problems for 4 days untill last night my phone crashed went into a boot loop and wont come out. my phone wont go past the M boot up screen and if it does it goes directly to ClockworkMod Recovery v.2.5.0.8, so i can either reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, ALL OF THAT... but nothing works. when i click reboot it just takes me right back here, im down for the .sbf restore, but i cant even turn my phone on really... i need some help. and i got this phone brand new from a friend... so the warranty of the phone is out of question. help please

Les
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
The phone boots in to the loop you can still sbf. the phone. Just need to get into the Recovery which you were in before. The computer just needs to see the phone.

thisguyb
01-19-2011, 12:32 PM
The phone boots in to the loop you can still sbf. the phone. Just need to get into the Recovery which you were in before. The computer just needs to see the phone.

so i can still save my X?!?!? im really a noob to all of this and i dont want to ever do it again i just want to fix it to factory and leave it that way. could you help me step by step PLEASE

Getsome122
01-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Got brand new from a friend.... warranty is out of the question? Sounds shady to me

DX- rooted, strapped, OC'd, and themed how I like it.

Les
01-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Yes just follow the SBF guide that teaches you how to do it..

thisguyb
01-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Got brand new from a friend.... warranty is out of the question? Sounds shady to me

DX- rooted, strapped, OC'd, and themed how I like it.

yeah shady sounding... but i had no problems with the phone, i got it last november, worked fine, brand new great, then the other day i rooted and now im stuck here..

thisguyb
01-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Yes just follow the SBF guide that teaches you how to do it..

what SBF guide

Les
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rs-guides/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Les
01-19-2011, 04:39 PM
@Thisguyb I hope you get it up and running... If you follow the guide you should be fine.

thisguyb
01-19-2011, 07:58 PM
@Thisguyb I hope you get it up and running... If you follow the guide you should be fine.

no luck yet.. I installed the .sbf and i get an error code. Err:A5,70,70,00,1F
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd

REALLY NEED HELP ASAP please

Les
01-20-2011, 12:44 AM
You followed that guide? Because I had the same issue and followed that guide and it worked fine. Hmm

stinger161
01-20-2011, 07:37 AM
try holding home when powering up and wiping data/cache

Abe would this work for me as well? Or would I do it in the clockwork mod screen that comes up? I was rooted and all, then unrooted to take the .340 update. (Prior to this I developed the screen banding issue) Everything was removed or so I thought, and when I took it into the vzn store for a replacement the clockwork mod screen showed up and the rep showed it to a tech and said the warranty is void. I just need to get rid of clockwork mod coming up at boot. Or is my best bet a full .sbf flash? And would they record my phones info as having a voided warranty? If not I'll take it to another store for a replacement. Thanks. Worst case it could fall in the toilet and I'll go through asurion.

HeartAttackJeffrey
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM

Im trying to do this. Im using RE and its says i cannot delete the files because they are read only files. Any reason why i cant delete it?

EDIT: Ha. Nvm i found out if you just hit Mount r/w it works. lol

sacnvz
06-01-2011, 01:09 AM

Where do I go to find this string to delete and rename it?

jorzebradan
07-09-2011, 07:27 AM

Just wanna make sure, will this work on the D1 as well?

calexsjr
07-31-2011, 11:23 AM
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/images/Eloquent/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by l_n http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/images/Eloquent/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/10976-unrooted-needing-help-removing-clockworkmod-recovery-post96101.html#post96101)

wasnt able to delete hijack and logwrapper....says its file system is read only

saul1991
07-31-2011, 12:06 PM
r

wasnt able to delete hijack and logwrapper....says its file system is read only

That usually works, I did it to send my phone in. But your best bet would be to sbf

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

al..
10-23-2011, 02:52 PM

howdo you do this it tells me it can not be deleted beacuser it is a text read file. i am using root explorer the 5.99 one >_>

HarleyDude
10-23-2011, 03:02 PM
In root explorer, I believe you need to mount the system read/write before you can do anything. Either a checkbox or in settings, and you'll need to be rooted.

1. reroot the phone (skip if you're still rooted)
2. uninstall the bootstrap app (settings>applications>manage applications)
3. Use a file explorers that allow root r/w access to the system folder. (ES file explorer or super manager)
4. Open the explorer of your choice, navigate to the folder /system/bin
5. Find the file named hijack, long press on it, select delete,
6. Find the file named logwrapper, long press on it, select delete,
7. Find the file named logwrapper.bin, long press on it, select rename, and rename it to logwrapper
8. reboot

as_daylight_dies
10-24-2011, 02:35 AM
Can I ask a stupid question? Why do these threads even exist anymore? What's the point? Just SBF. It's 1000 times easier and 1000 times safer... Just sayin

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.10.7

HarleyDude
10-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Can I ask a stupid question? Why do these threads even exist anymore? What's the point? Just SBF. It's 1000 times easier and 1000 times safer... Just sayin

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.10.7

Not a stupid question, but not everyone feels the way you do
There are plenty of folk who are not comfortable doing an SBF while being perfectly comfortable doing anything else to their phone. In addition, you gotta admit, the more options you have, the better

redwinger2001
10-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I was showing my sister how to update her nonrooted phone with my rooted phone and of course i didn't take the update. I'm rooted with 2.2. Now every 12 hours i get the pop up to install the update and i keep ignoring. Is there anyway to stop this from popping up? I've thought about unrooting, updating and then rerooting... But not sure if there's any benefit. Also, It feels like my phone is running slower than it used to. How do I go about figuring out why? Sometimes I think it's GO launcher or a widget... But not sure. Thanks for the help in advance.

savagerun
10-24-2011, 09:35 AM
You can go in recovery and wipe the cache to get rid of the update message then use an app like titanium backup pro to freeze the 2.2 updater. Wiping cache may also help with the issue your having with your phone.

redwinger2001
10-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks savagerun.... Going to do that right now

savagerun
10-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Your welcome... If you freeze the updater you won't see that message again.

redwinger2001
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
So... What you told me to do worked.... However, I don't have the paid version of TI but I didn't worry too much about it because it stopped asking me to update. Well, today i looked down at my phone andd it was halfway through installing the updates. Now it says that the update has been downloaded. I chose to ignore for an hour. Here's the thing, if i install the update will it unroot my phone or totally screw it up? If it just unroots, i don't care Because i really wanted to get the update and then reroot. I don't have any roms or anything like that. Haven't deleted any files ect. Thx for the help!

savagerun
10-31-2011, 03:31 PM
You can use Anttek to freeze the updater if you don't want to get titanium pro. Wipe the cache again and freeze the updater. Anttek should be free.
If you really want the update like you said then let it update and then reroot with the one click root.

redwinger2001
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks again. I think that's what I'll do. Here goes:)

redwinger2001
10-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Well, the update failed so I guess i don't have to worry after all

savagerun
10-31-2011, 04:57 PM
No big deal your not missing anything anway. You can do on 602 anything you could of done on 605. The update was mainly a keyboard fix. Your fine where your at.

redwinger2001
10-31-2011, 05:04 PM
Good. I don't even know what those numbers mean:) it's a miracle I even rooted successfully!

savagerun
10-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Its been a while so i went back to reread your old posts and believe your still on froyo. Go in settings and then select About phone and tell me the your system version is.

redwinger2001
10-31-2011, 06:09 PM
It's 2.2... Still froyo, but rooted

savagerun
10-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Ok. You can still update to gingerbread if you want. You could do the 602 sbf then you would need to root again using the D3 one click root. This link has the info as well as links to files you need. There's also a video on there for the one click root. You can stay where your at also if that's what you want. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html

redwinger2001
11-01-2011, 04:05 AM
Thank you for your help... You've been awesome!

as_daylight_dies
11-01-2011, 04:28 AM
If you're going to sbf, remember that you lose all your data. Take care to turn auto sync on and let it sync your google account befor you do it. That way after you sbf your contacts will restore. Also, I suggest using titanium backup to backup all of your apps.

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.10.21

redwinger2001
11-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks daylight... I didn't know that. Don't even know what sbf means. I'll do a lot of reading before doing anything....