PDA

View Full Version : Remove Superuser Permissions

daj0kker
11-06-2010, 05:36 AM
I thought I was being cool..."NOT". I installed Superuser Permissions from some website, don't know why (but I did). Now I want to remove it and it's icon. I tried but was unsucessful. Can someone tell me exactly how to do this.

Thanks for your help and ability to post.

David

Abe21599
11-06-2010, 08:41 AM
what website? did it root you also? there are many threads on here on how to unroot but we need to know if ur actually rooted first...

daj0kker
11-07-2010, 04:59 AM
I think so...can you tell me how I can find out if I am rooted?

X-tac23
11-07-2010, 05:31 AM
Go to the market and download drocap2 when you lone the app you will be prompted to allow superuser permission. If you get that you are rooted if you aren't the app will run as r/o. The other way is to go to the market and download terminal emulator open it up and when the keyboard pops up type in su and hit enter. Again if you are rooted you will be prompted to allow super user if not it will say permission denied. Hope that's not to far over your head but those are the easiest ways.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

daj0kker
11-07-2010, 12:05 PM
I download the Android Terminal Emulator and installed. After that, I click on it as you said, now I have a screen which shows: "Superuser Request". The following app is requesting access:
App: Terminal Emulator (10143).
Package: jackpal.androidterm
Requested UID: root (0)
Command: /system/bin/sh
checkmark Remember

Allow or Deny

Not sure what to do now. Just want to get rid of the Superuser Permissions before I mess something up.
Thanks for your help.

David

eXile
11-07-2010, 12:44 PM
If you got the prompt to allow or deny then you are rooted.

daj0kker
11-07-2010, 01:16 PM
OK.. how do I remove Superuser Permissons?
I originallyl downloaded it to remove the 'bloatware' on the Droid X.

Thanks again.

l_n
11-07-2010, 03:16 PM
having Superuser Permissions installed doesn't necessarily mean you have root access.. try the terminal test again, but click 'Allow' and see if the Terminal prompt changes to a #

daj0kker
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I have a $ prompt on a blue screen.