PDA

View Full Version : Can I install Gingerbread over Tranquillity or do I have to use sbf?

mpetruzz
11-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I am fairly new to hacking my phone but have been able to root and install Tranquility, which I love! I've been reading that Gingerbread will be coming out before the end of the year. So I'm just trying to research what I'll need to do in order to install the OTA when it comes out.

If I want to install the OTA I'm assuming I'd need to un-root my phone. Could I just install the sbf and bring the phone back to stock??

Thanks

jloya
11-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I dont think anyone can truly answer that right now, to far away from gingerbread to really know.

blu1080
11-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it. When gingerbread comes out there will be plenty of people working on a rom with it.
You will probably be able to get it on rom manager within a few days of its release. I got froyo before the ota.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mpetruzz
11-06-2010, 08:25 AM
I pretty much figured that people would be all over it. I just wanted to ask cause I've read on quite a few sites that it may be released next week. I just wanted to be prepared. This is the first phone I've roooted. Thanks!