PDA

View Full Version : Best Battery Life Methods

wagman67
11-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Okay, so I am newly rooted and am looking to find the best method to extend the battery life.

What are your best methods for extending the battery life while maintaining descent performance?

What tools or apps are best? Free versus Paid (costs associated)?

Is there a particular Rom that works better than others at doing this?

Am I even asking the right questions?

Thanks

drummer
11-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I use jrummys dx overclock app to use ultra low voltage on my dX. I'm not sure if that has made much difference but it certainly hasn't Hurt and its great to have the ability to overclock sometimes as well. Setcpu is a great app and a must have especially with jrummys.

Set cpu allows you to set profiles to overclock underclock in certain situations (when your battery is low or your screen is locked)

Both of these cost a dollar or two.

Also you can use titanium backup to freeze all your bloat which will prevent them from running without actually deleting them. This is also a dollar or two but essential if you want backups and to stop the bloat

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wagman67
11-04-2010, 09:42 AM
I use jrummys dx overclock app to use ultra low voltage on my dX. I'm not sure if that has made much difference but it certainly hasn't helped and its great to have the ability to overclock sometimes as well. Setcpu is a great app and a must have especially with jrummys.

Set cpu allows you to set profiles to overclock underclock in certain situations (when your battery is low or your screen is locked)

Both of these cost a dollar or two.

Also you can use titanium backup to freeze all your bloat which will prevent them from running without actually deleting them. This is also a dollar or two but essential if you want backups and to stop the bloat

Thanks...I'll look into all of them. I had read about them on the forum, but wasn't sure if that was the route to go. I have the free version of Titanium, but did not know about the freeze bloat feature...I just need to pay up for some of these apps I have been mooching off.

Droid-Xer
11-04-2010, 12:12 PM
First lower the brightness on your screen and turn off your wifi,GPS,Bluetooth whennot in use. You can use the stock power control widget to have easy access to these. A good rom with excellent battery tweaks are the rubix roms, blurry and focused. Blurry has a lot of stock Widgets on it, but its a lot faster and focused has no blur on it. TitBup is great, just freeze whatever you don't want or use. Auto memory manager (free on market) is great at autokilling unused apps and freeing up memory.

drummer
11-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Does rubix really make that much difference in battery life?

InfamousDX
11-04-2010, 03:12 PM
First lower the brightness on your screen and turn off your wifi,GPS,Bluetooth whennot in use. You can use the stock power control widget to have easy access to these. A good rom with excellent battery tweaks are the rubix roms, blurry and focused. Blurry has a lot of stock Widgets on it, but its a lot faster and focused has no blur on it. TitBup is great, just freeze whatever you don't want or use. Auto memory manager (free on market) is great at autokilling unused apps and freeing up memory.

YOu don't have to turn off your GPS when it's "not in use" as it won't be active unless an app requires it. I have left my GPS on from Day 1

joeholl1979
11-04-2010, 03:27 PM
I use a great app called Juice Defender. It has more than doubled my battery life.

mechrock
11-05-2010, 09:21 AM
I made some videos not too long ago to help increase battery life.
Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GomnC0HY_JQ"
and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTaZt3r--rk"
(I used it to undervolt)

Using both of these, I'm usually at 60% days end. (7am-10pm) Sometimes I don't change the phone and can make the next day as well.