PDA

View Full Version : The Droid X Forums Android App is Here!

danDroid
11-03-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.droidxforums.com/img/droid-x-app.png

Droid X Forums Android App!
Today, we are excited to announce the official Droid X Forums Android App! TapaTalk has been one of the most widely used applications by our membership to access the forum on the go. We thought what better way to give back to the community than to make a FULL Version available for use on the site for free. We've done just that by partnering up with Tapatalk to bring you a DroidXForums.com branded version of the TapaTalk Professional App - at zero cost.

How can you get it?
You can get the app a number of ways... simply load up your marketplace and search for "Droid X Forums" and our app should be the first one listed (created by Droid Network). Or you could use the QR code or direct link as well (market://search?q=%22Droid%20X%20Forums%22).

http://www.droidxforums.com/img/droid-x-forum-qr.png

We do ask that if you download the app to please rate it as well... while we prefer 5 star ratings (Thanks!) all we ask is that you rate the app and give us some feedback so we know if you are enjoying it or how we can approve it. To rate it please follow these steps:

Download the App via the Marketplace
Install the App
Run the App
Exit the App
Go back into the Marketplace and find the App
Click on the "My Review" portion where the stars are and provide a rating

nmagnum
11-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Looks same as this??? Edit: with adds...

Sent from DROID X while ruling the world from my toilet.

ras0787
11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Not a bad app!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

JohnDroid
11-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Looks same as this??? Edit: with adds...

Sent from DROID X while ruling the world from my toilet.

Keep in mind that this is very similar to the Tapatalk Pro app (same thing actually) but it's free where as Tapatalk Pro is a paid app... this only works with Droid X but it should save our users from having to pay for Tapatalk themselves. Hope this helps.

nevsdad
11-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I like it....

smalltowngirl13
11-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Awesome!

Sent from my DROIDX

cabinets
11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Nice!

iamdh4
11-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Awesome but is there a way to remove the ad? Ill just stick to tapatalk if not. Didn't see anything under settings

Sent from my DROIDX

hollywood
11-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Awesome!

On a side note... Any way to check subscribed forums with new posts like you can by selecting Settings on the actually site?

DougDroid
11-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I just downloaded it and man that splash screen is sexy!

smalltowngirl13
11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Awesome!

On a side note... Any way to check subscribed forums with new posts like you can by selecting Settings on the actually site?

Hollywood - click on the participated tab... does that show you subscribed?

Sent from my DROIDX

smalltowngirl13
11-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Awesome but is there a way to remove the ad? Ill just stick to tapatalk if not. Didn't see anything under settings

Sent from my DROIDX

I don't think so... think it is there as part of the free feature.... ;)

Sent from my DROIDX

xpoole
11-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Awesome app. I find something new every day to make me more attached to my DX!

RudyN
11-03-2010, 05:59 PM
I have just downloaded it and it looks very good! Now all I will have to do is use it a bit. Thnak you for making this available to use.

hollywood
11-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Hollywood - click on the participated tab... does that show you subscribed?

Sent from my DROIDX

It shows them. But how can I tell if there are any updates?

smalltowngirl13
11-03-2010, 07:05 PM
It shows them. But how can I tell if there are any updates?

When you open that tab, the number on the right, shows "green" if there is new posts...in addition the app updates upon each time it is opened or you can press the hard menu key to refresh...

Ryan M
11-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Great app guys!!

irod87
11-03-2010, 08:06 PM
ohhhh nice ;) Thanks!

droider4life
11-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Awesome!!! Thanks!!!

RudyN
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I have been using this a while & am really liking it :-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Garemlin
11-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Sweet!!!!

droider4life
11-03-2010, 10:09 PM
So in the settings you can turn on notifications. Is this for when someone replies to a thread you have posted in? I have had it enabled for an hour or so and am not seeing any notifications. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX

smalltowngirl13
11-03-2010, 10:31 PM
So in the settings you can turn on notifications. Is this for when someone replies to a thread you have posted in? I have had it enabled for an hour or so and am not seeing any notifications. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX

I believe it is for PM's that are received via the site...let me test it for you :)...LOL

droider4life
11-03-2010, 10:38 PM
I believe it is for PM's that are received via the site...let me test it for you :)...LOL

LOL.. your the best. Unfortunately it didn't notify me. I even waited out the five minutes (lowest message alert time).

Sent from my DROIDX

chucklehead
11-03-2010, 10:49 PM
5 stars!! Great job!

smalltowngirl13
11-03-2010, 11:32 PM
LOL.. your the best. Unfortunately it didn't notify me. I even waited out the five minutes (lowest message alert time).

Sent from my DROIDX

Once you make the setting you want, log out and log back in to see if it will notify you...I get notification of PMs via the app - mine is set on 30 minutes...

droider4life
11-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Awesome! Thanks it's working now.... :)
Once you make the setting you want, log out and log back in to see if it will notify you...I get notification of PMs via the app - mine is set on 30 minutes...

droider4life
11-03-2010, 11:48 PM
I just found one issue with this. I have it defaulted to "latest" when you open the app. When on that page if you hit the "all" tab, it freezes until you hit "menu" or "forum" then it will load "all".
Anyone else noticing this?
EDIT: its working now... NVM.

xero2099
11-04-2010, 02:33 PM
This is awesome!

EDGmb810
11-04-2010, 08:15 PM
just installed...will check it out...thanks.

smalltowngirl13
11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
I just found one issue with this. I have it defaulted to "latest" when you open the app. When on that page if you hit the "all" tab, it freezes until you hit "menu" or "forum" then it will load "all".
Anyone else noticing this?
EDIT: its working now... NVM.

Yes - it seems a bit "finicky" at times...sometimes, it won't open unless like you say, you tap something else...

lithiasales.js
11-04-2010, 08:48 PM

Sent from my DROIDX

Adfree

Bear207
11-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks for app.

Sent from the Bear's DX using Droid X Forum App

Garemlin
11-06-2010, 12:03 PM

Sent from my DROIDX

The app is free. Ads help support free apps. I personally don't see how people are really bothered by ads. I have not come across one single app that has bothersome ads. Most are subtle and you barely notice they are there.

Martin030908
11-06-2010, 12:38 PM
The app is free. Ads help support free apps. I personally don't see how people are really bothered by ads. I have not come across one single app that has bothersome ads. Most are subtle and you barely notice they are there.
+1 to this.

People gotta get paid, whether it's directly from my pocket (paid app) or a free app (with ads) it's all the same.

I'm with Garemlin, I've yet to see ads that are intrusive or annoying, yea they're there, but I just ignore them.

.... side note... look up the Samsung Continuum.... it's got a double display... the second one is a small strip on the bottom of the face of the phone.... ad space??? hmmm. Food for thought.

hollywood
11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
+1 to this.

People gotta get paid, whether it's directly from my pocket (paid app) or a free app (with ads) it's all the same.

I'm with Garemlin, I've yet to see ads that are intrusive or annoying, yea they're there, but I just ignore them.

.... side note... look up the Samsung Continuum.... it's got a double display... the second one is a small strip on the bottom of the face of the phone.... ad space??? hmmm. Food for thought.

I did find a video player that put ads at the top and bottom of the screen. You could only see a sliver of the video itself. Naturally, I uninstalled it. But I though I would just throw in my 2 cents. :)

dennyjones
11-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I like it. Thanks

Denny

USMC_jd
11-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Seems like a pretty great app except that I have the same problem that some of the other posters have. Whenever it is on the latest tab...if you try to move over to "all" then it wont move unless you click on something else.

:-)
11-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Really have to thank the forums and tap talk for the free app. I was just about to buy tap talk; it would have been my first app purchase on my new droid.

Love the sexy splash screen, very slick!

Backnblack
11-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Thanks Dan....

mosigma
11-07-2010, 10:56 AM
This is great, works like s charm for me on my still stock Droid X.

kylebellamy
11-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Designer note: there seems to be a small line at the top of the icon that was not deleted when it was created. Nothing to mess up functionality but if there is an update, it should be erased.

Sorry, can't help it, it's my job to look for things like that when I'm creating things. :)

dinatwin
11-08-2010, 04:20 PM
I was going to install it but under the system tools it says prevent phone from sleeping. Why does it need to do that? Sorry if it's a sill question I' still new to all this.

USMC_jd
11-08-2010, 05:11 PM
I was going to install it but under the system tools it says prevent phone from sleeping. Why does it need to do that? Sorry if it's a sill question I' still new to all this.

Not sure but it doesn't keep the phone awake. I have been checking it with spare parts. Great app! The more I use it the more I love it!!

11-09-2010, 07:23 AM

I saw that too but that was not my experience, oddly enough.

nwtflogan
11-09-2010, 10:59 AM
love the app and 5 stars applied~!!! thanks!!!!!

DougDroid
11-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Glad to hear it and thanks so much for taking the time to rate it!

RudyN
11-09-2010, 01:06 PM
I have been using a bit and really like it. Thank you for creating it.

RedCavyRS99
11-09-2010, 01:13 PM
I've been loving it!!

PolarBear
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
ok I've tried several times to login and no I don't make typos 6 times in a row. :mad:

smalltowngirl13
11-10-2010, 08:45 PM
ok I've tried several times to login and no I don't make typos 6 times in a row. :mad:

What error message are you receiving? You might uninstall / reinstall and see if that helps...

Also, are you using the DroidXForums specific app or the Tapatalk / Tapatalk Pro app?

DougDroid
11-11-2010, 08:15 AM

The login process might be case sensitive. Please make sure you capitalized the P and B in your username and let me know if you still have issues.

stdesign
11-13-2010, 07:49 PM
nice app thanks :-)

Sent from my DROIDX

kylebellamy
11-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Odd thing, when clicking a link to another thread in the forum, I get a pop up asking which program I want to use, none of which is the Droid X Forum application. Is this a glitch or something happening since I switched ROMs to RubiX 1.6?

jbreezy
11-17-2010, 05:31 PM
does anyone know if the droidxforums.net forum is available on tapatalk? I did a browse but didn't see it.... thought maybe I overlooked it......

Sent from my DROIDX

smalltowngirl13
11-17-2010, 06:14 PM
does anyone know if the droidxforums.net forum is available on tapatalk? I did a browse but didn't see it.... thought maybe I overlooked it......

Sent from my DROIDX

Yes, it is under droidxforums.com - it is the icon that has a big red X with droid at the top & forums at the bottom...

jbreezy
11-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes, it is under droidxforums.com - it is the icon that has a big red X with droid at the top & forums at the bottom...

thank you! :)

Sent from my DROIDX

Shiyan
11-17-2010, 06:36 PM
I love this app. Great work.

ben1284
11-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Is there a way to save pictures from posts in this app? I click on a picture and can't bring up a menu to save image and long pressing doesn't work either. Other than that love it!

jbreezy
11-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Is there a way to save pictures from posts in this app? I click on a picture and can't bring up a menu to save image and long pressing doesn't work either. Other than that love it!

press and hold should work! if not try restarting the forum app... 'save' should pop up if u long press....

Sent from my DROIDX

noXcuse
11-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Awesome app. It's actually how I found this site. :)

idontliketolose
11-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Sweet!

RudyN
11-18-2010, 01:11 AM
I have the app and really like it. I am not sure if I have posted on this thread, but if I have here is another post. ;)

11-18-2010, 07:07 AM
I've been using it since it was announced and it's really nice. Two things I did notice are clicking on the top tabs, like latest and participated, seems to be buggy. I will tap and it won't do anything sometimes. Also, the icon has a 1 pixel line on top of it. Noticeable on light wallpapers and when you click "more" and see the icon on screen within the app. Either way, it's still a really great app and real easy to use.

RedCavyRS99
11-18-2010, 07:11 AM
I've been using it since it was announced and it's really nice. Two things I did notice are clicking on the top tabs, like latest and participated, seems to be buggy. I will tap and it won't do anything sometimes. Also, the icon has a 1 pixel line on top of it. Noticeable on light wallpapers and when you click "more" and see the icon on screen within the app. Either way, it's still a really great app and real easy to use.

I've been noticing the same issue with the tabs.

DougDroid
11-18-2010, 09:18 AM
We will be releasing updates from time to time to help eliminate the bugs that come up. Stay tuned :)