PDA

View Full Version : JRummy overclock/SetCPU settings for battery life

drummer
11-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Hey all,
Still sort of a n00b when it comes to android (though not when it comes to electronics.. I'm an electrical engineer). I'd been running SetCPU for awhile with the intention of getting better battery life without dampering the phone's performance noticably. Now I'm also running JRummy's overclock app to try to further help.

I know a lot of people's settings are posted in the JRummy thread, but none seem to correspond with battery life over there.
Any suggestions for the best battery life with good performance?

Here's mine currently:
1.15 GHz at Ultra Low Voltage (I figured using ULV would save battery life but overclocked a bit to keep performance running good)

SETCPU:
Screen off 300 max
Battery < 20% 600 max
Battery < 10% 300 max

daali
11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Hey all,
Still sort of a n00b when it comes to android (though not when it comes to electronics.. I'm an electrical engineer). I'd been running SetCPU for awhile with the intention of getting better battery life without dampering the phone's performance noticably. Now I'm also running JRummy's overclock app to try to further help.

I know a lot of people's settings are posted in the JRummy thread, but none seem to correspond with battery life over there.
Any suggestions for the best battery life with good performance?

Here's mine currently:
1.15 GHz at Ultra Low Voltage (I figured using ULV would save battery life but overclocked a bit to keep performance running good)

SETCPU:
Screen off 300 max
Battery < 20% 600 max
Battery < 10% 300 max

Curious as to what the app sets as ULV? open up terminal after setting the clock, and do a "cat /proc/overclock/mpu_opps" without the quotes and you should see the vsels. I run mine at stock 1GHz (with the vsels in my sig) with the same setcpu as you, except I added a temp >45 = 300

two250
11-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Curious as to what the app sets as ULV? open up terminal after setting the clock, and do a "cat /proc/overclock/mpu_opps" without the quotes and you should see the vsels. I run mine at stock 1GHz (with the vsels in my sig) with the same setcpu as you, except I added a temp >45 = 300
The 1.15 ULV is as follows:
1.15ghz-62
900mhz-56
700mhz-51
400mhz-36