PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 Hockey Season

Martin030908
11-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Topic open for discussion... if it pertains to hockey, throw it in here!

Bruins looking mighty good so far :)

Watch out now.

ras0787
11-03-2010, 02:43 PM
The devils suck this year. And now we lost parise so we are even more screwed. Lol go devs

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Martin030908
11-03-2010, 04:47 PM
If you people were busy watching baseball or football shame on all of you.... all sports die once the hockey season starts :) (for me anyways)

smalltowngirl13
11-03-2010, 07:52 PM
If you people were busy watching baseball or football shame on all of you.... all sports die once the hockey season starts :) (for me anyways)

No football :)...wow!

Martin030908
11-03-2010, 09:02 PM
No football :)...wow!
Yea, just doesn't do it for me. I mean I'll gladly sit down and watch it with friends, but you won't catch me watching it on my own ever.

smalltowngirl13
11-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Yea, just doesn't do it for me. I mean I'll gladly sit down and watch it with friends, but you won't catch me watching it on my own ever.

To each his own - I say :)...there is a semi-pro Hockey team south of me (I think)...now I have to look it up since I am not sure...

Standings - Wichita Thunder Hockey (http://www.wichitathunder.com/)

Phildo
11-04-2010, 12:33 AM
i would say the Pens are gonna win again this year, but they aren't looking that great this season so far :(

Droidinite
11-04-2010, 12:42 AM
The seasons still young for the pens. Johnson is starting to come back to earth and now it is time for fleury to step it up. Lord Stanley's Cup is coming back to the 'burgh

TimOD43
11-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Seems like hockey came up mighty quick this year, probably cause I got to watch my flyers for so long last season. Speaking of which, they're looking good. 5 game win streak and a promising young bobrovsky, I like!

raf66
11-05-2010, 10:09 AM
I love my Columbus Blue Jackets! Hockey is THE best spectator sport!

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Martin030908
11-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Seems like hockey came up mighty quick this year, probably cause I got to watch my flyers for so long last season. Speaking of which, they're looking good. 5 game win streak and a promising young bobrovsky, I like!

As a Bruins fan, 1. I hate you :) (but not real hate) and 2. yes your season was quite long and it makes the off season seem shorter :)

Martin030908
11-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I love my Columbus Blue Jackets! Hockey is THE best spectator sport!

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
Live it is...

Unless you're a hockey enthusiast it can be boring on TV, but everyone I've ever brought to a game couldn't believe the difference watching live!!

dennyjones
11-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Everyone is a Red Wing fan, even those of you from Ohio.

Tim Thomas (Bruin's goalie) grew up playing hockey here in Mid-Michigan. I watched his career with interest since high school. Great to see him doing well.

Martin030908
11-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Bruins would've picked up a win tonight if hitting the post counted as a goal!!!

... we love Timmy Thomas here in MA :) ... but Tuuka Rask played tonight.

ybtc
11-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I honestly believe that the pens play better infront of johnson and when fleury is in i feel like he gets let out to dry a lot it frustrates me... and malkin has been playing like muff cabbage so far

Martin030908
11-06-2010, 10:31 PM
I honestly believe that the pens play better infront of johnson and when fleury is in i feel like he gets let out to dry a lot it frustrates me... and malkin has been playing like muff cabbage so far
+1 for your analogy.... borderline... but funny :)

boston0108
12-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Would like to see this thread pick back up again. I'm a huge Bruins fan, and hockey usually takes precedence for me too, except for football....there are only so many games and only once a week.

Good win for the B's last night though...hopefully got them back on track.

macpro88
12-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Red Wings all the way :D

Always a Wings fan!

And I agree with the Bruins fans here, Tim Thomas is great, and Boston will be one to contend for the cup

But.... I think the Red Wings may take it home this year ;)

sclick81
12-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Went to the Bs game last night. Took me 4 hours to get there! Completely disappointed I their performance against the ducks. And I am still confused on how that hit to kamper was only 2 minutes!

macpro88
12-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Just watched the hightlights for it, looked like it was a great game, Hiller made some killer saves tho!

Man do I love hockey... and my DroidX lol

sclick81
12-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah. He was pretty good. But 45 shots on net and not one go in? Looch was the best forward out there tonight. That should tell you how the game went. =)

macpro88
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah no kidding. I can't wait for the Wings - Bruins game,I got tickets baby! Going to be a great game!

sclick81
12-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Nice. It should be. I am actually a pens fan. So I got tickets to january and march game. And I am going to the dallas game. Hope thorts and ott mix it up!

CFD51
12-21-2010, 03:24 PM
At some point... my Sabres need to kick it into gear if they plan on being part of the post season... I know we are only 30 + game in, but losses like the B-T-B games in Florida last weekend do not help...

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!

sclick81
12-21-2010, 03:46 PM
True. Miller can't carry that whole team. Myers fell off from a stellar rookie season. Pominville and Roy need to step up.

CFD51
12-21-2010, 04:01 PM
True. Miller can't carry that whole team. Myers fell off from a stellar rookie season. Pominville and Roy need to step up.

@Slick81 --- you can say that again... BTW, are you still wearing a Kessel jersey @ the rink in Boston???

My call --- Lindy stays, Regier has to go when ownership changes in Buffalo in late Jan'11. Tim Connolly is done... Rivet needs to go (how to do you sit the "Captain" for 3 weeks as a healthy scratch???... Gaustad and Grier need to pick up the slack and lets hope the New Year brings good things to the Sabres.

BTW, Tim Thomas is on fire in Boston (might just be this year's Vezena trophy winner...)

greevedogg
12-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Flyin to Buffalo tonight! Got tix to the game on thurs vs. Fla Panthers...Sabres better f'ng win one for us while we're home for the holidays!

GO SABRES!

sclick81
12-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Well I hope buffalo wins for you.
Only the casual fan or pink hat wears a kessel shirt or jersey. It's always fun when toronto comes to town. The fans here are already figuring out who is going to be drafted.
Thomas better be good. He was paid 5 million last year to basically get the door all season. Plus I think the defense has improved slighty since last season.

sclick81
01-29-2011, 10:02 PM
So how are you guys liking the new all-star rules? I actually enjoyed watching the skills competition. It's great to see Z break his own record and I chuckled when Timmy wiped out during fastest skater.

ybtc
01-30-2011, 08:16 AM
I love how all that hate from hockey (fans and players) seems to go out the window this weekend im a pens fan and was real happy to see z get that record along with the whole crowd there and im sure a ton others its great for the sport

I didn't even cringe too bad when i saw fleury and ovi talking multiple times and letang giving him his stick :confused: and i really loved the draft it was fun to watch just wish sid and geno were there!!!

OSDroid
01-30-2011, 08:20 AM
I gotta say I like Buffalo.
Wasn't a hockey fan until I met my wife. She is into it big time.
Now one of my daughters plays.
I'd much rather watch my daughter any day.

sclick81
02-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Pens fan here too. Huge hit on our offense with geno, sid, mark and mike out. Well let's not kid ourselves, comrie was only signed so the boys can see hilary in the stands. Haha.

DrHamburglar
02-15-2011, 07:16 PM
This year has to go to the Flyers. I grew up a Devils fan, but ive lived in Philly for 8 years now and with the Flyers playing the way they should be finally they look tough to beat.

PastorJosh
02-15-2011, 07:22 PM
The Predators have had a great season this year.

Well it got here. Does it really matter how?

drew823
02-15-2011, 07:28 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!! Gotta give love to my Washington Capitals even though we are slumming this season!

DrivetheGreen66
02-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Pens Fan Here. Hope Crosby comes back soon.

sclick81
02-16-2011, 09:49 AM
I do as well. But I woulld rather have him healthy and not rush back too soon. They will make the playoffs for sure and from there its a whole different balll game. I thought I read somewhere that letestu and jeffery are back on the ice. It would be nice to have those guys back. They can only take it one game at a time. Stay tuned....

mcdonnjd
02-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm a long time Pens fan. Hockey is the only sport my wife actually likes, so it's fun getting to actually watch it with her. Unfortunately, with her being from the state of South New Jersey (I swear, North and South Jersey are practically 2 completely different places even though they're supposedly the same state) she's a Flyers fan. But I taught my 2 y/o son (who loves hockey, probably because it's the only sport he gets a lot of exposure to *lol*) how to say "Yay! Penguins!" :)

Since my mother-in-law bought him a Richards jersey for Christmas, I got him a Crosby one (ridiculous how expensive a 2T-4T hockey jersey is... almost as ridiculous as the parents who buy them...) last week or so. Soon as my wife opened the box he got all excited and wanted to wear his "Penguin Hockey Shirt." :D

sclick81
02-19-2011, 06:42 AM
Haha. Nice. I live in boston and they have these bruins hockey rules and one of them states that you don't date within the division. You should look them up, when they were playing the flyers in the playoffs they had posters all over the garden. And yes I was there for the epic fail of game 7. This town was insane after that game.
But atleast richards is a good player. The sad part about the jersey, is that he will out grow it in no time and then you will be out at the store getting him a new one. Might I suggest engelland? That kid is gonna be good on some many levels. Go black and (vegas) gold!

sclick81
02-19-2011, 06:43 AM
*kid not his. =)

sclick81
02-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Oh and my mom and I taught my niece and nephew to say "boo hoo big fat fleury" when he let's a goal in. It's too cute.

Gorgarath
02-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Oh and my mom and I taught my niece and nephew to say "boo hoo big fat fleury" when he let's a goal it. It's too cute.

ROFL! I love Fleury, he just seems like he'd be a fun person to hang out with. As long as you're not staying in the same hotel... Wouldn't want my furniture ending up out in the hallway. (That HBO special was pretty cool.)

fezrock
02-19-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm looking for the traditional Canes' late-season run to provide some playoff spoilers. But alas no Cup for us this year. :(

DrivetheGreen66
02-20-2011, 01:27 AM
ROFL! I love Fleury, he just seems like he'd be a fun person to hang out with. As long as you're not staying in the same hotel... Wouldn't want my furniture ending up out in the hallway. (That HBO special was pretty cool.)

Yea the HBO special was awesome. I wish they would follow Pittsburgh all year the way they were playing during the show. I would've hated to move all that furniture back in my room.

Gorgarath
02-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Just gotta say, go Pens! All tied at 1 with 20 to go, you know they're gonna come out on top. :)

--
Sent via Tapatalk

sclick81
02-21-2011, 02:27 PM
That hawks game hurt. Ouch. But they just gotta shake it off and come back strong against those capitals. Can't wait for tonight.
Yeah, I agree with you guys about the HBO special. It was neat to see how the players are off the ice. I personally would love to hang out with Talbot. He seems like he would be a blast.
Let's go pens! Winter classic justice baby.

Gorgarath
02-22-2011, 09:10 AM
I loved the Talbot commercials for the one car dealership. Please, just call me Superstar. :lol:

Abaddon
02-22-2011, 01:39 PM
All I have to say is.....GO FLYERS!!!

Gorgarath
02-22-2011, 01:51 PM
All I have to say is.....GO FLYERS!!!
Hehe, I'm working on getting my 2 y/o to say "Boo Flyers!" much to my wife's dismay. He just loves when goals are scored. He hears that siren and he's all Goal! Daddy score goal?

DrivetheGreen66
02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
I went to the Pens-Canes game on Friday night and it was nice to see Kovy back in black and gold. Too bad we lost.

Via Pittsburgh Twitter:
Darren dreger says he thinks sid is done 4 the year and will announce it next week
8:48 AM Feb 25th via Twitter for Android

sclick81
02-28-2011, 08:12 PM
I had to be the happiest person ever when I saw they got kovy back. That guys was a beast back in the early 2000s. Yeah, that loss to the canes was hard. But they have pretty much secured a playoff spot.
I knew Sid would be done for the season. But its ok, I would rather have him out and back at 100% then rush him back and one little check ends his career. Living in boston I have seen first hand what that does (with savvy) and it stinks.
But I will be at the bruins vs pens game this Saturday, cheering on the boys and hopefully getting two points out of it. They seem to have a good record in the garden. Plus they haven't lost since I have been going to the games. ;)

DrivetheGreen66
03-01-2011, 02:06 AM
I really believe that the reason Shero didn't get Arnott was because Sid is done for the year.

I don't want what's happening to Savard happen to anyone else in the league. Its terrible.

sclick81
03-04-2011, 08:28 PM
The devils have to be the most boring team to watch. Ugh. I actually was a season ticket holder for the lowell devils and their farm team is more entertaining. Let's go pens!

Gorgarath
03-04-2011, 08:35 PM
The devils have to be the most boring team to watch. Ugh. I actually was a season ticket holder for the lowell devils and their farm team is more entertaining. Let's go pens!

Have a feeling Neal's gonna score tonight.

--
Tapatalked from my X.

sclick81
03-04-2011, 09:15 PM
He needs to. Once he does, they will just flow off his stick like water.

Gorgarath
03-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Looks like my prediction of Neal scoring his first goal as a Penguin was off by 4 days... Not a bad night though, 2 first goals as Penguins and almost a 3rd if Fluerry wouldn't have went straight into one of the players on that open net attempt. Not a whole lot of goalies with goals in the NHL.

Criztaztrophe
03-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Sadly, I would like to chime in on this thread ... but I'm a St. Louis Blues fan and our season is O-VAH

havensed
03-09-2011, 09:51 PM
two problems for the pens.....philly, and my New York Rangers

sclick81
03-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Philly, I'm not worried about that. Historically, the pens always beat the flyers in the playoffs. The only ranger I am scared of is lunqvist. =)
The blues would be doing better if halak was in net. And I'm wondering what is going on with sobotka. He's was pretty decent in boston.
Great win by the pens. Who knew you could get two points in only 60 minutes. Haha. With the monkey off neal's back, I can not wait until Sid comes back!
A topic to get this thread going, what do you guys think of the Chara situation? In all fairness, I agree with the no suspension. It was a complete accident and he couldn't do it again even if he tried. Nobody is talking about the similar hit lovejoy did to ennis last night. But I know I have march 24th marked down on my calander. The habs invade beantown.....

DrivetheGreen66
03-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Philly, I'm not worried about that. Historically, the pens always beat the flyers in the playoffs. The only ranger I am scared of is lunqvist. =)
The blues would be doing better if halak was in net. And I'm wondering what is going on with sobotka. He's was pretty decent in boston.
Great win by the pens. Who knew you could get two points in only 60 minutes. Haha. With the monkey off neal's back, I can not wait until Sid comes back!
A topic to get this thread going, what do you guys think of the Chara situation? In all fairness, I agree with the no suspension. It was a complete accident and he couldn't do it again even if he tried. Nobody is talking about the similar hit lovejoy did to ennis last night. But I know I have march 24th marked down on my calander. The habs invade beantown.....

IMO the hit was legal and I agree with no suspension. Its just one of those things. I can't believe Pittsburgh won in regulation, its amazing. Great welcome back to Pittsburgh from the fans to Kovy. I don't know if Sid will be back this year.

Congrats to Bylsma for the new contract, well deserved. All those games missed by Staal, Sid, Geno, Martin, Letestu, Orpik, etc. is a testiment to how great of a coach he is. I was reading an article the other day that talked about him being an excellent candidate to be the next coach for team USA if the NHL decides to play in Sochi.

Sent from my Xoom!!!
In a world of doesn't... Droid does!!!

sclick81
03-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Boo hoo big fat fleury! =)

Gorgarath
03-13-2011, 11:11 PM
:lol: He made up for yesterday today though. Almost a shutout. Love the way the defense was playing today, held off a 5 on 3 for about 1:40 with no shots on goal. Think it was only on the Pens' last penalty that they gave up any shots on goal during a power play.

DrivetheGreen66
03-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Sid was on the ice today...... still no timetable for his return.

Lets GO PENS!!!!

Sent from my Xoom!!!

Martin030908
03-14-2011, 09:24 PM
The whole Chara incident is embarrassing to hockey... not the hit and subsequent injury... but the Montreal Police's involvement. They need to get a clue... I'm so shocked that in a city where hockey is LIFE they would act this way. They know this is part of the game. The NHL is not getting involved... because they realize it's part of the sport, and a one-in-a-million fluke accident!

It all stems from the fact that their is bad blood (obviously) between Boston and Montreal... and that Chara and Pacioretty having been jarring at each other all year.

Hits like that happen, those scansions in between the player benches have been there forever.... it wasn't a charge, or interference.... The rules clearly state that you are allowed 2 strides to finish a check even after the opposing player no longer is in contact with the puck, it's called finishing a check. From the minute you start checking in hockey (around Pee-Wee's) it is one of the biggest things ANY coach will harp on you for. FINISH YOUR CHECKS! Not much of a check at that anyway... more of a push, from a guy who is a giant on skates against an average man (in the NHL)... physics is going to take over. It was a fluke he hit the scansion at all, and an even bigger one HOW he hit it.

Don't get me wrong, it's terribly unfortunate and I hate to see any player injured... especially an injury as grave as what Pacioretty suffered.... but it was well within the rules, clean, and for the love of sanity, ABSOLUTELY ZERO criminal intent behind it.

DrivetheGreen66
03-14-2011, 10:47 PM
The whole Chara incident is embarrassing to hockey... not the hit and subsequent injury... but the Montreal Police's involvement. They need to get a clue... I'm so shocked that in a city where hockey is LIFE they would act this way. They know this is part of the game. The NHL is not getting involved... because they realize it's part of the sport, and a one-in-a-million fluke accident!

It all stems from the fact that their is bad blood (obviously) between Boston and Montreal... and that Chara and Pacioretty having been jarring at each other all year.

Hits like that happen, those scansions in between the player benches have been there forever.... it wasn't a charge, or interference.... The rules clearly state that you are allowed 2 strides to finish a check even after the opposing player no longer is in contact with the puck, it's called finishing a check. From the minute you start checking in hockey (around Pee-Wee's) it is one of the biggest things ANY coach will harp on you for. FINISH YOUR CHECKS! Not much of a check at that anyway... more of a push, from a guy who is a giant on skates against an average man (in the NHL)... physics is going to take over. It was a fluke he hit the scansion at all, and an even bigger one HOW he hit it.

Don't get me wrong, it's terribly unfortunate and I hate to see any player injured... especially an injury as grave as what Pacioretty suffered.... but it was well within the rules, clean, and for the love of sanity, ABSOLUTELY ZERO criminal intent behind it.

Couldn't agree more. There was no intent on Chara's part. Its just part of the game.

Sent from my Xoom!!!

Martin030908
03-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Standings as of today...
NHL.com - The National Hockey League (http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm#?navid=nav-stn-main)

Playoff picture (if they started today)
2010-2011 Playoffs: First Round Matchups - NHL.com - Standings (http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20102011&type=PLA)

sclick81
03-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Sid is skating. Woohoo! I don't wanna rush him back, but this is a great sign. Oh and some guy named comrie is skating as well. I completely forgot about him. Hehe. Some HUGE games coming up for the pens. Let's hope they come out with some great wins! Let's go pens!

Gorgarath
03-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Sid is skating. Woohoo! I don't wanna rush him back, but this is a great sign. Oh and some guy named comrie is skating as well. I completely forgot about him. Hehe. Some HUGE games coming up for the pens. Let's hope they come out with some great wins! Let's go pens!

Comrie and Asham are both skating in full gear so there's a good chance they'll be coming back soon.

--
Tapatalked from my X.

sclick81
03-19-2011, 08:22 PM
So when these guys come back, what's gonna happen with jeffery? I like him, but I think finishing the season with the baby pens will just make him that much better for next seasons training camp. Plus they know he can play NHL caliber hockey, if he is needed. Sundays game should be a good one. Always good to see the staal boys play against eachother.

Gorgarath
03-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I've wondered what would happen with Jeffery as well as I also like him a lot. Today's game was a great game, but unfortunately the Pens lost. :( Wonder how many games Cooke's going to be suspended for that elbow.

sclick81
03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I say 10 at least. He's a repeat offender. And there is no denying that hit was not intentional. What the hell was he thinking? Ugh. It gets harder and harder to defend his actions. He is crucial to the pens PK, but they don't need that kind of reputation. He needs to do some serious soul searching. He's a talented player and I hate to see it wasted. But with him out, it gives more time for jeffery and with Asham and comrie coming back soon. We should be alright. HUGE game tonight with the wings. The boys need these 2 points. Let's go pens!

sclick81
03-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Rest of the season (10 games) and first round of the playoffs for cooke. Damn it!? How can he do something that stupid. Err......

havensed
03-21-2011, 08:14 PM
face it he is an old school player in new world hockey.....dirty ....10 should be a beginning....getting close to finding a new career ....mmmm maybe boxing ...lol

sclick81
03-21-2011, 09:02 PM
It just frustrates me. He can play hockey. He's not just some hoon who gets less than 2 minutes a game. He has talent. He's a big reason the pens have the best PK in the NHL (last time I checked). I'm just glad the both bylsma and sheep stated publicly that the do not condone what he did and told him that his shenanegians would not be tolerated.

sclick81
03-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Shero not sheep. damn auto correct. Haha.

DrivetheGreen66
03-21-2011, 09:22 PM
I thought including the first round of the SCP was a little excessive. Cooke is a good hockey player who just goes dumb sometimes. Anyway more time for Jeffery and hopefully Tangradi will come back and be important pieces in the puzzle. Lets Go Pens!!!!

Sent from my Xoom!!!

sclick81
03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
It might have been a little excessive to the normal hockey player. But cooke is a special case. He's a habitual offender. He's already been suspended twice this season. He needed this slap in the face. He said in an interview that he needs to change his ways. That play was extremely selfish of him. He let his team down. They are already missing key players as it is. But I will stand by what ever decision is made from this organization. I might not agree with it, but I will respect it.

Gorgarath
03-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah, Mario had a little sit down with him and pretty much told him shape up or ship out. But they'll at least get him back when they get to the second round.

Tonight should be a great game... My wife's Flyers vs my Pens. :) Shame my daughter has a school fundraiser at Chuck E Cheese tonight, so I'll probably end up missing some of the game. But since it's my wife's team as well as mine, I'll hopefully be able to get us home by the start of the second period. I might tune in to the radio show on my X and listen to Lang. I miss him doing the televised commentary. Well time to go home and get my hacksaw ready and some money for Sam's dog's drink tab.

Gorgarath
03-25-2011, 09:20 AM
I can't believe the Pens didn't win in regulation. Sergei was on fire for Philly last night, don't know how he managed to stop a lot of those shots. That was really impressive to watch. Really wanted that regulation win to get the 2 points and be that much closer to 1st in the East, but at least we're a point closer and it helps the Flyers stay ahead of Washington with the point they picked up for going past regulation. I always love watching a shootout, though it certainly does make you nervous when it's your team that's in the shootout. Especially when it's your wife's team that's on the other end of the shootout, I lose enough battles with her that I don't need to be losing my hockey games too! :lol:

sclick81
03-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Haha. I would love to be a fly on the wall in your house. Kovie was robbed several times throughout the game. And max should have scored on that short handed breakaway. There is no excuse, he had the D and goalie caught off gaurd. If he keeps blowing plays like that, I don't see him in black and gold too much longer. Tanger had some great opportunities in the third as well. But they did come out with the much needed two points. I am just hoping for a first round matchup with the lighting. Gotta love their negative goal differential. Big game against the devils tonight. Hope they start johnson. Let's go pens!

DrivetheGreen66
03-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Haha. I would love to be a fly on the wall in your house. Kovie was robbed several times throughout the game. And max should have scored on that short handed breakaway. There is no excuse, he had the D and goalie caught off gaurd. If he keeps blowing plays like that, I don't see him in black and gold too much longer. Tanger had some great opportunities in the third as well. But they did come out with the much needed two points. I am just hoping for a first round matchup with the lighting. Gotta love their negative goal differential. Big game against the devils tonight. Hope they start johnson. Let's go pens!

Johnny's still injured with the upper body thing. Fleury is starting.

Here's a VERY GREAT video of Sid, Check out that water bottle.

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1

sclick81
03-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Hope he gets better soon. Did the baby owns gets rid of curry? I thought he was the next in line for back ups. Nice to know that the kid can come back without missing a beat. =)

sclick81
03-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Pens not owns. Haha. Damn fingers.

Gorgarath
03-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Johnson's out with an (I think upper body but can't remember) injury. That's why they called up a goalie to back up Fleury in net last night. Though they're starting Fleury again tonight instead of seeing what the Baby Penguin can do. The baby Pens do have the number 1 and 2 goalies in the AHL after all... But I guess that isn't quite the same as the NHL. :lol: Comrie will be out on the ice tonight in place of Jeffrey, I hope his knee isn't too bad. Orpik's was medically cleared to be able to play last night, but he won't be on the ice again tonight.

In better news, Sid skated for about a half hour with Letestu this morning.

Gorgarath
03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
ROFL, I suppose it helps to look at the next page instead of replying to the previous page...

sclick81
03-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Its ok buddy. Haha. Orpik is gonna play against the kitties on Sunday. Good boost for the blue line and the PP.

Gorgarath
03-28-2011, 08:16 AM
With the Flyers loss and the Pens win last night... Puts the Pens a mere 2 points behind the Flyers for 1st place in the East... With the two of them facing off on Tuesday, should make for a great game!

sclick81
03-28-2011, 08:50 PM
I know! I am so pumped for this game. Plus a little rumor going around that sid is coming back on april 5th. That would be awesome!!!!

Gorgarath
03-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Tonight is going to be an epic game... I'll probably find myself sleeping on the couch tonight too seeing how my Pens are poised to tie for 1st in the East with a regulation win over the wife's Flyers. Not to mention I'm rooting for the Canes tonight as well... Keep the Caps from joining for a 3-way tie for 1st.

It's a great day for hockey. :)

Gorgarath
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
4 hours until faceoff... I don't know if I can wait that long...

sclick81
03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
I know! Too bad philly has a game in hand. But I wouldn't mind them facing TB in the first round. They are the only team in the playoffs with a negative goal differential. Plus, cooke would be needed if they face a stronger team. Hopefully Neal and kovie score in regulation tonight. I don't want the flyers to get any points. Let's go pens!

Gorgarath
03-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Depending on how Cooke played... They don't need him getting sent out for a GM during the playoffs. Even if it's not something that would usually get called, because it's Cooke, it will get called.

Game in hand doesn't mean much if they lose said game. :big smile:

I'd love to see a regulation win tonight even if for no other reason than to prove that we can win in regulation. :lol:

So, lets go Pens! And lets go Canes! Keep the Caps from getting more points. Would be a hell of a race though if the Pens win in regulation and the Caps win in regulation... 3-way tie for 1st in the East. Though I wouldn't want it to come down to the tie-breaker since shootout wins don't count in the tie-breaker. :crazy:

sclick81
03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm hoping Cooke keeps his word to his teammates and changes his "dirty" ways. He's a talented player and not a goon.
This philly game is intense! Koive scored in regulation. Now all we need is Neal. Haha.
Welcome back letestu! Our faceoff percentage just tripled.

sclick81
03-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Boo hoo big fat fleury!

Gorgarath
03-30-2011, 03:51 PM
The ice tilted the wrong way after that faceoff interference penalty. :(

sclick81
03-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Which was complete BS. How the hell was that a penalty!? Good news is that Sid is traveling with the team. I heard a rumor that he might be back on the april 5th game. Boy would that be nice. Any word on Jeffery?

sclick81
04-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Introducing your atlantic division champions......the pittsburgh penguins (well if philly losses a game or two). Hehe.

macpro88
04-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Lets go Red Wings!!!!

sclick81
04-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Howard better turn it up a notch. But th wings are so deep on the offense and with lids. They should do quite well. But my cinderella team is the coyotes. Go biz nasty! Haha.

Intimdtr77
04-10-2011, 03:40 AM

:excited:

fezrock
04-10-2011, 07:00 AM
And now and the Canes. This has been a miserable year for all of my teams. *sigh*

sclick81
04-10-2011, 04:34 PM
And now and the Canes. This has been a miserable year for all of my teams. *sigh*

Well you can always start cheering for the pens. There's no shame in joining the darkside. =)
But on a side note to make you guys jealous (Haha), I just scored some playoff tickets the the Bs-habs playoff games. Oh so excited for that. Just hope the pens don't play on th same schedule......

TideFan22
04-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Go Wings.

Kornshukka

fezrock
04-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Well you can always start cheering for the pens. There's no shame in joining the darkside. =)
But on a side note to make you guys jealous (Haha), I just scored some playoff tickets the the Bs-habs playoff games. Oh so excited for that. Just hope the pens don't play on th same schedule......

They're actually my 2nd, so yeah, go pens!

sclick81
04-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Go Wings.

Kornshukka

Should be a great rematch from last season playoffs. Hope they don't underestimate the coyotes. First rounds in both east and west look exciting. I personally don't see any series that will be swept. But I could always be wrong.
Get ready people, there's no hockey better than playoff hockey!

sclick81
04-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Playoff time. Let's do this.

chucklehead
04-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Penguins - 3
Lightning - 0

Nice shutout Fleury!!

Go Pens!!

sclick81
04-14-2011, 07:05 AM
What a great night of hockey. Two shutouts, an OT game and a game where a goalie was pulled! How can you not love playoff hockey? I hope tonight will be just as entertaining.
Love the hit orpik put on stamkos!

ras0787
04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
ANYBODY but the rangers...i'll even take philly

redwinger2001
04-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Lets go Red Wings!!!!

Ditto! Gonna be a late night tonight. Hope i can stay up late enough to watch it all, but 5:30am comes early... GO WINGS

chucklehead
04-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Pens leading the series 2-1!

Great job Pens!!

sclick81
04-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Pens leading the series 2-1!

Great job Pens!!

Yeah, but they lost koonie for a game. Err.......

Quicksilver7714
04-19-2011, 05:02 PM
The Wings are up 3 games to 0 over Phoenix.

Let's go Red Wings. Next game is Wednesday at 10:30pm eastern time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TideFan22
04-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah GO WINGS, they look very good. Shows how they can step up when its playoff time, cause they were playing very mediocre toward the end of the season. They should go deep into the playoffs if howard plays good

Rammer Jammer

ras0787
04-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Did anyone catch the sharks kings game last night? Kings were up 4-0 and they ended up losing 6-5! That was an exciting game!

holly
04-20-2011, 10:02 AM
5-5 when I turned it on but yeah what a match. ( Still had Giants game on )

Sent from my DROIDX

sclick81
04-20-2011, 05:37 PM
The kings miss kopitar. But it was an insane game. It's like a light switch was flipped and then it became sharks time. Hope the next game is as exciting.
Hope the wings complete the sweep and send phoenix back to winnipeg.
And the Nucks game was ridiculous. It's funny how the hawks always have their number.
So for tonight, let's get a big win for the pens and hope buffalo has the game of their life!

Wassup8687
04-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Go Sabres!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

mopar-x
04-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Go Sabres!!!!

Sabres!!! Woot woot!!

Quicksilver7714
04-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah GO WINGS, they look very good. Shows how they can step up when its playoff time, cause they were playing very mediocre toward the end of the season. They should go deep into the playoffs if howard plays good

Rammer Jammer

We had alot of injuries though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

macpro88
04-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Red Wings gettin' out the brooms with the sweep! GO WINGS!

ras0787
04-21-2011, 11:02 AM
HAHAHAHA RANGERS! LOLOLOL!!! You guys are so awful! The only team I'm rooting for to lose and they let in a goal like the one last night in double ot. PRICELESS!!! :lol2:

ToeJamm57
04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
RED WINGS. SWEEEEEEEPPPPP!!! Baby

macpro88
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
RED WINGS. SWEEEEEEEPPPPP!!! Baby

Hellz yes, if they keep playing like that, everyone else better watch out.... They are by far the most consistent team right now, hands down.

ToeJamm57
04-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Hellz yes, if they keep playing like that, everyone else better watch out.... They are by far the most consistent team right now, hands down.

I agree - they are always a dangerous play off team. If they stay healthy and keep this up they should have a good chance of going all the way.

macpro88
04-21-2011, 11:28 AM
I agree - they are always a dangerous play off team. If they stay healthy and keep this up they should have a good chance of going all the way.

Absolutely, they have the experience, and if J Howard keeps going like this.... will deff be the next Stanley Cup victor.

sclick81
04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Absolutely, they have the experience, and if J Howard keeps going like this.... will deff be the next Stanley Cup victor.

Not if Fleury has anything to do with it. Go pens! =)

ToeJamm57
04-21-2011, 07:23 PM
The pens are going ........ down! LOL

PJ44
04-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh please! NYR have stunk for years! Why not us???

TideFan22
04-23-2011, 10:57 PM
This Montreal, boston games a good one, right now its In double OT. Gotta love hockey, there's nothing better than playoff hockey. Well Alabama football is by far Roll Tide and also Go Wings

Rammer Jammer

TideFan22
04-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Not if Fleury has anything to do with it. Go pens! =)

The year the pens beat the wings in championship after the year the wings won it. Detroit gave that series away, detroit lost it, pens didn't win it. I hate the pens with a passion. Crosby's a baby, ovechkins way better

Rammer Jammer

sclick81
05-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Well since the pens are out. I will cheer for the hometown team. Plus any team that knocks out philly, is my favorite team. ;]
Go Bs!

durden
05-05-2011, 04:05 PM
With my Pens out of the race, Philly needs to go! Go Bruins!