PDA

View Full Version : As big of a Viking fan I am....

didiwags
11-01-2010, 11:38 PM
I am so done with them for the season. Not necessarily the "team" but I am so done with the coach's and management!!! Who in the heck trades away draft picks for Moss and then just waives him!!! I refuse to watch another game till Childress is gone!!! :mad:

Jaxidian
11-01-2010, 11:50 PM
I am so done with them for the season. Not necessarily the "team" but I am so done with the coach's and management!!! Who in the heck trades away draft picks for Moss and then just waives him!!! I refuse to watch another game till Childress is gone!!! :mad:

Yeah, sorry. I thought that was a bad trade to begin with.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Martin030908
11-02-2010, 08:17 AM
This is what angers you? lol

Didn't bother you picking up the train wreck that is Brett Favre? :lol2:

Sorry, had to take the shot.

You're better off, Moss only tries when he wants to...

smalltowngirl13
11-02-2010, 09:19 AM
When I heard they cut him - I was like WOW...then I heard the Colts were looking at him and that made me just shake my head...Moss is talented but he is operating on his own agenda but I know someone will come along and pick him up - I just hope it isn't a team I like...

ambulance dude
11-02-2010, 09:20 AM
This is what angers you? lol

Didn't bother you picking up the train wreck that is Brett Favre? :lol2:

Sorry, had to take the shot.

You're better off, Moss only tries when he wants to...

That is very true! I would have done the same thing if I was Childress especially after Moss's statement. You can't go bumping your gums after you showed that you won't even attempt to try to perform.

didiwags
11-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Well Childress does not know how to run the team!!! Yes he picked up Favre and although last year it was a good idea he is getting old but we did not trade away draft picks for him!!!! Childress is an idiot who traded away precious draft picks we NEED for a player he has now waived!!! I was one who thought Moss might be a bad idea but embraced it!! I know how Moss works, we drafted him remember... MN fans know that Moss only plays when he wants!! But if you trade away draft picks you best keep him for more than a month!!!!!!

Martin030908
11-02-2010, 09:55 AM
and the team that got those draft picks.... wouldn't surprise me at all to see Moss back in their uniform this year.

I hate the Pats, but Bill is a crafty crafty man.

He can't cheat anymore, so he's gotta use his creativity elsewhere. lol

didiwags
11-02-2010, 09:59 AM
and the team that got those draft picks.... wouldn't surprise me at all to see Moss back in their uniform this year.

I hate the Pats, but Bill is a crafty crafty man.

He can't cheat anymore, so he's gotta use his creativity elsewhere. lol

Oh I would not doubt if that would happen!!! It is ridiculous!!!

Martin030908
11-02-2010, 10:14 AM
bottom line, they pay these athletes WAY too much.

Just look at ticket prices now-a-days.... :(

this is why they pull the stunts they do.... money money money... and I can't blame them cuz owners keep paying out.

InfamousDX
11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Childress is an idiot yes but your owner I'm sure has final say in who trades what... so let's spread the blame around!

Backnblack
11-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Mosses biggest problem is his Ego......

didiwags
11-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Oh I agree, Moss has a big ego!! As for Zygi(aka owner of Vikes), he apparently was not happy about that decision!! But someone gave Childress the right do waive who he wants without letting the owners know. I guess there was a big thing about it on our local news!!!

Jaxidian
11-03-2010, 06:53 AM
When I heard they cut him - I was like WOW...then I heard the Colts were looking at him and that made me just shake my head...Moss is talented but he is operating on his own agenda but I know someone will come along and pick him up - I just hope it isn't a team I like...

Oh, if the Colts pick him up, the only way he'll see the anything but the practice squad is if he pays by the Colts' rules. I guarantee you that neither Peyton nor the coaching staff will let him run his own agenda and actually play.

smalltowngirl13
11-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Oh, if the Colts pick him up, the only way he'll see the anything but the practice squad is if he pays by the Colts' rules. I guarantee you that neither Peyton nor the coaching staff will let him run his own agenda and actually play.

Yes - could be an eye-opener for Moss which so would spending sometime with Ray Lewis in Baltimore ;)...but I am hoping that Denver picks him up since the Cowboys have already said they wouldn't...

didiwags
11-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes, it would be good for Moss to go to a team with a Coach that wont let him get away with his rants!!! I am just waiting for childress to be fired, though i am guessing they will wait till the season is over!!! But they did a poll and over 90% of those which did the poll want him fired, and like 88% of those ppl want him fired now rather then at the end of the season. I guess that is one of the highest they have seen for a coach to be fired in a long time!!

Mitch13
11-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Go steelers.

ras0787
11-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Say what you want...Randy Moss is still one of the best receivers in the game today. Let's not forget that he set the record for most tds in a season a couple years ago and helped new england go 16-0. He is a stuck up jerk but he is still one of the best...I think the vikings are going to eat this poor decision.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

ras0787
11-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Yes - could be an eye-opener for Moss which so would spending sometime with Ray Lewis in Baltimore ;)...but I am hoping that Denver picks him up since the Cowboys have already said they wouldn't...

Actually, I see he is likely to go back to the raiders. Hahahaha.

didiwags
11-04-2010, 02:20 AM
He went to the Titan's!!! They were the ONLY team to make a claim on him. If that does not say something I dont know what does! On profootballtalk.com they were saying that with him being traded and waived so much this season it is showing how bad of an attitude he really does have!! That he wont last long if he does not change it!!! Good luck to the Titan's they will have their hands full! As for me I am still waiting for Childress to be fired!!

Jaxidian
11-04-2010, 10:57 AM
He went to the Titan's!!! They were the ONLY team to make a claim on him. If that does not say something I dont know what does! On profootballtalk.com they were saying that with him being traded and waived so much this season it is showing how bad of an attitude he really does have!! That he wont last long if he does not change it!!! Good luck to the Titan's they will have their hands full! As for me I am still waiting for Childress to be fired!!

As much of a jerk the guy is, I (as a Colts fan) don't like this outcome. :(

Perm
11-04-2010, 11:03 AM
The Vikings' first problem starts with a particular QB who has averaged about an 80 QB rating over the last 6 years. Childress is an idiot... and I generally like to cut coaches some slack, as they get too much blame in many cases. He lets a crappy QB run roughshod over him, the rules and his team and begs him to return.. then cuts Moss after 4 games because Moss (rightly) called out Minnesota for playing like a bunch of amateurs.

Moss is a diva, he just happens to be spot on about Childress and the Vikings... I'd hate to be a Minnie fan right about now.

didiwags
11-04-2010, 02:01 PM
I have cut Childress a lot of slack the past few years. Well since he became head coach. Everyone else hated him but I said Hey lets see what he does. But between last year and this year he just has showed how dumb he really is. I know they played well last year but he still let Favre have to much control and ended up blowing it. This year same thing, Favre was a good QB, I mean we cannot deny that but age is catching up to him and he just does not do the job. Childress is to much of a wimp to take real control of the team.
I agree, Moss figured out how bad Childress is and spoke out. I still think Moss has an ego issue but I think he would have been fine if Childress was not such a loser!!

InfamousDX
11-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Tough to bench Favre when his backup is Tavaris Jackson. Putting Jackson in is almost admitting defeat and giving up the season. Then again, if they lose one more game, they pretty much are out of the whole thing so they might as well bring Jackson up to speed. Regardless, for next year they'd better be looking to make an upgrade at QB.

didiwags
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Tough to bench Favre when his backup is Tavaris Jackson. Putting Jackson in is almost admitting defeat and giving up the season. Then again, if they lose one more game, they pretty much are out of the whole thing so they might as well bring Jackson up to speed. Regardless, for next year they'd better be looking to make an upgrade at QB.

haha I know.... when our choices are Favre or TJax you just do not know which way to go LOL I wish Childress would just admit TJax is not the awesome QB he thought he would be. We need a QB so bad.... I bet they will not even draft any like this last year!! SIGH!

deadhead15
12-24-2010, 01:55 PM
As much as I love favre, damn who knew one more summer off would transition him from record year of a record carreer marred only by his signature throw the costly interception, to essentially looking like the vikes that flew up to get him to come back from his home town, wheeled him out of a retirement home after hours watching the old man get slammed around is almost like watching santa get beat up on christmas, he definitley should have hung it up last year

SandJunkie
12-24-2010, 05:07 PM
I've been a Viking fan since I was 12...that was 35 years ago...and I'm so used to this stupid crap it just amuses me anymore...lets face it they haven't had a quarterback since Tarkenton and they haven't had a decent coach since Bud Grant...at least that's the way I feel. As far as the Moss deal? Remember the Hershel Walker deal? The Viking threw so many trades and draft picks that the Cowboys were able to build a Superbowl Dynasty team out of THAT farce...

SO I just drink another beer and wait until next year...sigh...

psychotic_penguin
12-24-2010, 05:12 PM
They basically sacrificed an entire season just to have the Brett Favre show go on for another year. Then the disaster with Randy Moss it's no wonder that Brad Childress was fired. Living in SD I have a couple of options when it comes to football, watch the Vikings or watch the Broncos, the best thing that could've happened was the Vikings played the Broncos so another game could be on another channel, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

As a lifelong Dolphin fan I too have suffered through yet another mediocre season but nothing as bad as the Vikings or the Broncos, Didi there's always next year!

deadhead15
12-24-2010, 10:17 PM
O man what a joke of a coach childress is, and I'm a bills fan we've ran the take on miserable coaches......and quarterbacks....and.first round pics....haha gotta love it, feel better with or record this year even if it is worse than last year because at least with gailey it seems like we are playing with purpose and for the first time in forever it feels like the team has a plan!

cruckus
12-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Eagles got'em on Sunday! Haha just saying but atleast since farves done you might get rebuilding season but merry christmas

ARHicken
12-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Farve sucks

j-e-t-s baby

didiwags
12-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Oh god, I so despise the Jets!! and that was even before Favre!! LOL
I was kind of surprised to see this thread get new life! Favre is probably out for the last 2 games and I would not mind seeing what Fraizer can do with the team pass this season. We just desperately need to find a good QB. I have to admit that although Fran was before my time he probably was the last good QB the Vikings have had! Though he has been running his mouth a little too much lately!
This whole Tuesday night game thing is ridiculous though... I have seen so many reports(I also had family in Philly for Xmas and are still there) who said the storm was nothing major.

wilyums
12-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Did anyone notice what happend in Philly?

=XE=Kong
12-29-2010, 09:49 AM
That was a great game. They need to keep that Webb kids in 24/7, he looked great.

SandJunkie
12-29-2010, 12:45 PM
What a great game...from a team with nothing to gain but trying to keep their pride intact. I am actually looking forward to seeing what this Webb kid can do. Unfortunately the damage that Childress has done will effect them into next year...and I would have liked to see what Moss could have done if he was given a chance. And yes Tarkenton needs to shut his pie hole...if Favre would have played as well this season as last year? Then I would have liked to see him retire and come back for another 10 seasons...but I guess that was too much to ask so onward and upward I hope...we still have a pretty young team to build on...they just need some leadership from their coach and a quarterback...is THAT too much to ask???

Oh yea...and a new stadium would help...

didiwags
12-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah I think Webb did great! He is so much better than TJax!! That Philly game was pretty slow at first and then picked up nicely for the Vikes!!! I was surprised how bad the Eagles did!
As for the stadium, I am so pissed that ppl are being anal about it. They claim they dont want taxes to go up but the tax hike would be so small they would not even notice!! My family struggles to survive but I am all for the stadium being built! The Wilfs had some great ideas and only requested a certain road be finished sooner rather than later and the state refused. It is just ridiculous. But our current Governor is a prick and I sure as heck did not vote him in. The governor elect seems open to the stadium so I hope he helps get a deal done!
I dont think what Childress has done will affect us to much. He was just a minor glitch in the coaching staff.

midwaymonster
12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
bottom line, they pay these athletes WAY too much.

Just look at ticket prices now-a-days..

Isn't that the truth... I wanna take my father and son to see a Bears game, but you can't get any seat for less than $200+....and that's a crappy seat to boot. It's ridiculous.

didiwags
01-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Oh agree, we keep wanting to go to a game but the price is so high for decent seats and I am telling you, before the dome collapsed you did NOT want to be in the nose bleed section!!

dkst0426
01-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Webb's decent, but he needs to do a lot of work on his accuracy, otherwise he'll be a one-trick pony who will be easy to defend with bump-and-run coverage on his receivers and a linebacker or two spying him. That'll be either a lot of picks, or a lot of runs for short gains.

I guess I could hold my breath this time to see if Favre really does call it a day. He may be too busy texting to decide on whether or not to come back.

ambulance dude
01-04-2011, 10:35 AM
I read today that Frazier said he would not call Favre and ask him to come back under any circumstance. Thats the best move the Vikings made all year!

didiwags
01-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I read today that Frazier said he would not call Favre and ask him to come back under any circumstance. Thats the best move the Vikings made all year!

Yep Frazier is done with Favre.... which I think is a good thing. Favre was a great QB but his days are over!!!! I am excited to see what Frazier does with the team!! He has fired a number of coaches and has supposedly interviewed both Josh McDaniels and Singlatary(sp?), that could be interesting!