PDA

View Full Version : Email notification Volume - Help

tiggiler
10-31-2010, 03:26 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to separate out the volume of my email notifications from the general notifications volume of the phone (Droid X). I receive a ton of emails and the "ding" is starting to get a little annoying. I have the notifications volume up higher because I do need to hear when I receive a text message.

I did search the forums a little before posting this message but didn't find anything. If there is already one that addresses this, please point me to it and I'll be happy to take it from there. Otherwise if anyone can offer any suggestions/solutions, I would be appreciative.

Thanks

PhilD
10-31-2010, 06:51 PM
don't think you can do that directly. you could try selecting different notification sounds for each notification type (email vs text) within the apps since some sounds are a lot louder than others. not sure if the stock email and text app let you do that, but K9 (email) and Handcent (texting) certainly do. i picked a relatively faint sound for email and one of those loud beeps for texts. works for me.

RusticSabre
03-27-2011, 11:00 AM
I am resurrecting this issue. I find the situation where the ringtone & the email notifications volume controls are tied together is extremely annoying.
Dos anyone know if this is Motorola issue or an Android issue??
Are they any market solutions or work arounds.
DX great phone but this issue was bonehead blunder!
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

spodoc
03-27-2011, 04:58 PM
I am resurrecting this issue. I find the situation where the ringtone & the email notifications volume controls are tied together is extremely annoying.
Dos anyone know if this is Motorola issue or an Android issue??
Are they any market solutions or work arounds.
DX great phone but this issue was bonehead blunder!
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

Have you tried the quick setttings app. It allows for those volumes to be de-coupled I believe