PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Rooting

secretformula
10-31-2010, 01:43 PM
I have a stock ROM droid X. I have been looking at Apex v1.0 and it looks incredible. I hate all the bloat ware on my phone and the crapy motoblur interface. I want to root. My questions is will this void my warranty completely? I am a high school student who paid for this phone with entirly my own money. I am very good with technology but I know their is always a chance of the brick. Would they be able to tell if I rooted? My other question regards the eFuse switch. So they could just disable all modded phone if they want? Thanks in advance.

AZSoftwareDeveloper
10-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Rooting doesn't brick your phone if you follow the instructions, nor does it void your warranty. You're not doing anything that the phone wasn't intended for by solely rooting it, and you can always uninstall the app's that DO violate TOS.

Put simply, don't fear the root.

wmedina1991
10-31-2010, 05:33 PM
And the efuse is there to prevent access to thing like kernel, with unapproved moto code or software. It therefore blocks things from being installed there. but its not an actual switch that motorola can turn off devices with.

Those only exist in china!

mr2nr
12-02-2010, 10:46 AM
So does Rooting affect the Kernel at all? Is there a list of affected Droid X's s/n's getting bricked by the Efuse by certain ROM's or Root required Apps?

C Dippa
12-02-2010, 10:53 AM
No one has ever had a Droid X get bricked by an "efuse switch". I thought that rumor got shot down back in July...not true.

Rooting does not affect the kernel at all.

Droid-Xer
12-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Smartphones don't brick themselves unsmart people do...jk

Abe21599
12-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Smartphones don't brick themselves unsmart people do...jk

no ur right. only bricks ive seen are using the wrong sbf. user error accounts for most issues on here.