PDA

View Full Version : DX keeps booting to ClockworkMod Recovery

jumphour
10-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Everytime I boot my phone, it boots to ClockworkMod Recovery, and I have to choose the 1st option "reboot system now", and boots the phone to normal. I was having problems with the phone, and did a system wipe, and I re-rooted it with RootMyX2, which worked great. Not sure when this boot problem appeared though.

Can anyone tell me how to get the phone to boot up like normal? I tried one suggestion in a search on one of these DX forums which said to go to Rom Manager> Recovery>Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. It didn't seem to help.

Thanks in advance.

psychotic_penguin
10-30-2010, 05:02 PM
You have Bootstrapper installed I assume? Click on the Bootstrap Recovery button and your problem should go away.

jumphour
10-30-2010, 05:40 PM
You have Bootstrapper installed I assume? Click on the Bootstrap Recovery button and your problem should go away.

You assumed incorrectly (because I'm dumb about these things!), so I got it, did it, and now it works perfectly! :) Thanks so much for your reply! Man, I love this phone. And the forums too, I have to say. I've had the DX since the end of July, and have had the best time with it....rooting, unrooting for Froyo, rooting again, system wipe, rerooting. The forums have made this all pretty painless! And it's just such a cool phone to tinker with and change up, unlike that "other phone".

psychotic_penguin
10-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Glad to help

RedBank
11-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Had same problem...thanks!

kbowman
11-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I am having the same problem. When I click bootstrap recovery it just reboots into the clockwork the next time.

bsbabcock
03-03-2011, 07:52 AM
I love this forum.. Seek and ye shall find. I figured there was something in Droid X Bootstrap Recovery that was initiating this. So you just hit top button "bootstrap recovery" then back out closing it then?

mcp770
03-03-2011, 08:19 AM
Are you guys starting the phone with the charger still plugged in? If so it seems to always boot into recovery the first time when plugged in as a failsafe in case your phone is messed up. Try to turn it off unplugged and restart.

1KDS
03-03-2011, 08:22 AM
I love this forum.. Seek and ye shall find. I figured there was something in Droid X Bootstrap Recovery that was initiating this. So you just hit top button "bootstrap recovery" then back out closing it then?
Yep, that should do it.

From the X

Gorgarath
03-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Are you guys starting the phone with the charger still plugged in? If so it seems to always boot into recovery the first time when plugged in as a failsafe in case your phone is messed up. Try to turn it off unplugged and restart.
IIRC, that only happens if you power on while the battery gauge is showing. I've not tried testing it since I read that somewhere, but I've always had that issue as well. I've not had a dead battery in a while, so I've not had a good excuse to test.

mikeinrichmond
03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Sometimes I've found that clockwork just won't delete the file it is supposed to when it boots up correctly, and no matter what you do it always goes to clockwork.. The only sure fire thing that works on these rare occasions is to uninstall bootstrap, reboot, then load it up again..

(Swyped on the go..)

HarleyDude
03-03-2011, 09:43 AM
I had the same problem, it is now FIXED Thanks to Tidefan22 in this thread
Unrooted but still have clockwork recovery boot screen?! (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/hacking-help/19679-unrooted-but-still-have-clockwork-recovery-boot-screen.html)
You'll need to be rooted to fix:
"Go to system/bin. Click mount as rw. Delete file- hijack. Delete logwrapper. Rename loggwrapper.bin, to just loggwrapper"

1KDS
03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
That will delete bootstrap totally

From the X

mikeinrichmond
03-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes that works if you want to go back to complete stock form to return the phone to VZW, but you wont be able to make backups or flash Rom etc anymore...

(Swyped on the go..)

mcp770
03-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Like I said before it is supposed to do that. Can't remember where I read it but clockwork is designed to make the phone boot into recovery when charger is plugged in and every x numbers of reboots since there is no hardware button way to access it. It does this in case you are unable to load an rom or stuck in a bootloop. The safety net is well worth clicking the camera button imo. You will notice it reboots normally after and if you shut down unplugged it also starts normally. Don't delete any files....you may need this feature to restore an emergency nandroud one day and regret it.

bsbabcock
03-04-2011, 09:00 AM
That's an inconvenience I can certainly deal with and appreciate I think.