PDA

View Full Version : Android Terminal Text Editor - Help!

jakerrulz
10-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey guys,

I ran across a copy of nano compiled for the Android. Nano editor for Android - Android @ MoDaCo (http://android.modaco.com/content/software/291983/nano-editor-for-android/)

I installed it, copied "terminfo" to /etc and did the "export...." commands, but it gives me an error. Does anyone know of a newer compilation of nano for Android? or maybe a different terminal text editor.

My goal is to eliminate the need to mount and unmount the SD card in order to edit setscaling.sh (overclocking) from my computer.

-Thanks!

jefflikesbagels
11-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey, we have the same goals!

I've been using Text Edit from the market, which obviously can't do edits to the /system folder. What I did was put a copy of setscaling.sh in the root of my sdcard, edit that, then use Gscript Lite to set up scripts that will do the mounting and copying for me. It's been working pretty well so far.

jakerrulz
11-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Okay, would that work through the terminal though? For me, it would be incredibly simpler to just open a command prompt on my computer and do all the editing/mounting there.

I don't want to do the editing through the terminal on my Droid X, I want to be able to edit the file from an ADB shell.