PDA

View Full Version : OMG $99.00 7" Android Tablet Running 2.1! :) Stocking Suffer of the Year!

AdamTomaino
10-29-2010, 02:18 PM
O.K., You heard right <100 dollar Android 2.1 tablet! follow the steps below:
1. Go to walgreens and buy the Maylong M-150 (99$instore, 129$ on web) running O.S. 1.6(great deal!)
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/maylong-m-150-universe-tablet-pc-powered-by-android/ID=prod6047418-product
2. Follow the Root instructions below using EPAD 256M and 128M 1.9_88 rooted v0.3 BELOW!

HERE: http://tipstir.the-talk.net/gome-epa...flash-t212.htm (http://tipstir.the-talk.net/gome-epad-flytouch-f24/rom-epad-256m-and-128m-19_88-rooted-v03-working-market-from-flash-t212.htm) it was really easy!!!

How to Install
1. Turn off device, if the device is turned on.
2. Extract files to freshly FAT32 formatted MicroSD Card (up to 16GB Supported) under a folder/directory called "script".
3. Safely eject MicroSD Card from computer, put in device.
4. Boot device up.
5. You should see a screen that says "Tablet system update will commence. Plug in AC Adapter and DO NOT TURN OFF DEVICE".
6. Follow the prompts.
7. When device shuts down, turn it back on.
8. Turn on and enjoy root and Android 2.1!

Disclaimer, fount info here:
Maylong M-150 universal android tablet - Page 7 - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=808961&page=7)
Enjoy You Weekend, See you at Wal Greens!;)

hollywood
10-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Cool! :) Thanks!

blackjoker4215
10-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Think you could provide some pictures?

illb1u2
10-29-2010, 10:57 PM
is this tab worth buying or should we wait till the motorola or samsung comeout.. ive played with the samsung tab seems clunky not thin like i pad but screen is sooo clean

blackjoker4215
10-29-2010, 11:02 PM
is this tab worth buying or should we wait till the motorola or samsung comeout.. ive played with the samsung tab seems clunky not thin like i pad but screen is sooo clean

This is $100 and not meant to compete with a high end tablet. So if you want an iPad like device wait.

illb1u2
10-30-2010, 12:06 AM
There's one at best buy for 299 called cruz reader... touch kinda sucks runs like the lg ally for vz just wondered if it was better or worse than that

Xzombie69X
10-30-2010, 12:58 AM
: Resistive type touch panel-This makes me not want it!

movadoevo8
10-30-2010, 01:42 AM
: Resistive type touch panel-This makes me not want it!

What does RESISTIVE type touch panel mean?

Smitty6750
10-30-2010, 02:48 AM
What does RESISTIVE type touch panel mean?

It takes a little more pressure to swipe screens an so on an so forth. Droidx has a compassitive touch screen it uses heat detection in ur fingers

blackjoker4215
10-30-2010, 11:19 AM
It takes a little more pressure to swipe screens an so on an so forth. Droidx has a compassitive touch screen it uses heat detection in ur fingers

In short: it sucks.

AdamTomaino
10-31-2010, 07:00 PM
In short: it sucks.
If you are looking for a top of the line Tablet then stay away from this 100$ tablet; but after a little bit of modification you have yourself alot of bang for your buck..... Cheers!

joeyc1123
10-31-2010, 07:13 PM

That statement is not correct. Resistive screen use pressure as an input hence why they usually comes with a stylus. You can use anything(pen,stick,toothpick) to make inputs to the screen.

Capacitive screens use the little electricity in our body to determine input hence why you can't have gloves on when trying to use the droid. Nothing other than ourselves(and capacitive stylus') can be used as an input on a capacitive screen.

Resistive screens tend to bend because they are plastics when pressing against them. Our screens don't because they are glass

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AdamTomaino
10-31-2010, 07:19 PM
That statement is not correct. Resistive screen use pressure as an input hence why they usually comes with a stylus. You can use anything(pen,stick,toothpick) to make inputs to the screen.

Capacitive screens use the little electricity in our body to determine input hence why you can't have gloves on when trying to use the droid. Nothing other than ourselves(and capacitive stylus') can be used as an input on a capacitive screen.

Resistive screens tend to bend because they are plastics when pressing against them. Our screens don't because they are glass

As a side note, i cant get the misses to switch to droid os because she cant use her fingernail as a stylus.... maybe the tattoo?

KEichman
10-31-2010, 07:31 PM
@Adam... not to high Jack this thread, but I used to feel the same way as your wife. I wanted to type with my fingernail. But swype made a convert out of me. It's so much easier and faster than pecking around with my fingernail. Pass this along to your wife.

droider4life
10-31-2010, 10:27 PM
So did anyone pick one of these up this weekend? If so how is it?

AdamTomaino
11-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Well worth 99 bones!

droider4life
11-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Well worth 99 bones!
im gonna pick one up this week.... :)

armyjeffries
11-03-2010, 11:18 AM

Sort of resurrecting the dead on this one, but you CAN use the droid with latex gloves on. I use them at work all the time, and every once in a while I check my phone with the gloves on. Its not overly responsive, but it does work. I was wondering how it worked, b/c I thought it was the electricty in your body also.

AdamTomaino
11-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Sort of resurrecting the dead on this one, but you CAN use the droid with latex gloves on. I use them at work all the time, and every once in a while I check my phone with the gloves on. Its not overly responsive, but it does work. I was wondering how it worked, b/c I thought it was the electricty in your body also.

I imagine that if you use a EMI clear coat on your fingernail (indium or stannic based) you could use your fingernail. Lets patient this idea :)

droider4life
11-03-2010, 09:11 PM
I tried to buy a tablet. Online only. Not available instore.

Sent from my DROIDX

jefflikesbagels
11-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm really digging the Archos 101...

droider4life
11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Do you have one?
I'm really digging the Archos 101...

Sent from my DROIDX

jefflikesbagels
11-03-2010, 10:33 PM
No, actually they're not even out yet.

ARCHOS (http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/index.html?country=us&lang=en)

I was just digging it from what's shown on the website. It looks incredible. I currently have an Acer Aspire 1410 11.6" netbook though, and getting that tablet may not be enough. I use my netbook for a lot of stuff (it runs Win7 x64).

droider4life
11-03-2010, 10:50 PM
I was just checking out some youtube vids on it. Its pretty frickan sweet actually!!
No, actually they're not even out yet.

ARCHOS (http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/index.html?country=us&lang=en)

I was just digging it from what's shown on the website. It looks incredible. I currently have an Acer Aspire 1410 11.6" netbook though, and getting that tablet may not be enough. I use my netbook for a lot of stuff (it runs Win7 x64).

Sent from my DROIDX

AdamTomaino
11-05-2010, 07:32 AM
just overclocked my Maylong M-150 to 520 mhz... seems to be working well with 2.1. Anyone know the min requirements for 2.2? I imagine this this device is already superior spec wise to some older android phone that are already running 2.2

Debacle
11-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Thinking of getting my 13 daughter this for Xmas. She wants an Ipod, but I refuse to contribute to the oversized cloud of smugness that is floating over that turtle-neck wearing punk Steve Jobs. AdamTomaino, I know for a hundred bucks, it isnt going to last a lifetime, but does it seem sturdy enough for a teenager?

Debacle
11-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Bump.

Local Walgreens dont have it, and it no longer shows on their online system as being sold 'in store'. Any of those who managed to get it and update it to A 2.1, does it lose any functionality? How does it respond? Help a brutha out :)

livebig
11-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I just checked and they are on sale again for $99.99! Maylong*7-inch M-150 WiFi Middie Universe Tablet Powered by Android | Walgreens (http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/maylong-7-inch-m-150-wifi-middie-universe-tablet-powered-by-android/ID=prod6047418-product)

AdamTomaino
11-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Ya, it seems robust enough for a teenager...just slap an apple sticker on it and she will be golden. And if she doesn't want it, keep it for yourself great for reading the morning paper. seriously it is well made for the price, just BUY a screen protector as the plastic TFT screen seems prone to scratching much more then its nonresistive counterpart. I do recommend installing 2.1 then overclocking (try SetCPU).

jefflikesbagels
11-11-2010, 09:13 AM
I've been trying to think... what could this tablet do that my Droid X can't? Haha. I guess it'd be a good ebook reader or for reading the news, but about other things?

AdamTomaino
11-12-2010, 09:46 AM
How about NOT PLAY FLASH! seriously it is just bigger, nice ereader. Also it has a USB unlike droid x .I wonder if i can OC to 800mhz and install froyo? anyone this it is possible? I will probably try it sooner or later, wish me luck.

AdamTomaino
11-18-2010, 07:19 PM
UPDATE: Started receiving "Sorry! process is not responding" error during bootup. I tried reflashing eventually just gave up. Took my M150 back to Walgreens... was fun while it lasted, but I think I am going to just apply my 114$ (tax+Shipping) towards something with a little more hardware power :((

valcon1986
11-18-2010, 07:48 PM
I could really use your help I have the Maylong M-150 and I installed everything like you said and I continue to get the error Sorry! Process system is not responding. How can I fix this i have tried re-installing the 128 version and the 256 version at least ten times and I still get the error. Am I possibly doing something wrong or do you have a youtube video or something I can watch.

hollywood
11-18-2010, 07:55 PM
I could really use your help I have the Maylong M-150 and I installed everything like you said and I continue to get the error Sorry! Process system is not responding. How can I fix this i have tried re-installing the 128 version and the 256 version at least ten times and I still get the error. Am I possibly doing something wrong or do you have a youtube video or something I can watch.

If you read the post above yours, he said he gave up. Hence, there was no resolution.