PDA

View Full Version : Change Lock Screen Wallpaper

KerrAvon
10-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find it in a search.

I want to know if it is possible (and how to) change just the lock screen image to be something different that my regular background image.

I am rooted and deodexed and don't really want to use an app (like lockbot) to do it.

Thanks.

Droid-Xer
10-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Not sure if there's a way to do it. I use widget locker off the market. Great app that you can actaully customize everything on the lock screen...widgetss, apps, additional sliders, custom sliders. I know you don't want to use an app, but its easy to use and very customizable.

KerrAvon
10-29-2010, 08:23 AM
If an app can do it, then it must be possible to do. If not, then how does the app do it?

wmedina1991
10-29-2010, 10:07 AM
widget locker might be able to do that... it cost like 5.00 in markets

C Dippa
10-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I know it's possible to do it as I've seen it done, but I'm not sure how.

Here's a thread from someone who has done this...maybe it will point you in the right direction:

[MetaMorph] SubThemes for Transparent NFL Lockscreen & Pulldown Backgrounds - Page 2 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/88118-metamorph-subthemes-transparent-nfl-lockscreen-pulldown-backgrounds-2.html)

If you figure out an easy way to do it, please let me know.

wmedina1991
10-30-2010, 03:58 PM
I can confirm u can do it through widget locker

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kryptik
12-22-2010, 09:15 PM
i can say that the results make my wife happy!!! It can do a ton of stuff, custom widgets can be added, slide bars...it's a cool product!