PDA

View Full Version : Can't boot into clockwork recovery with rom manager

gudziel1482
10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
I rooted my girlfriends phone last night. Everything (busybox, uninstaller, drocap, etc) rooting works just fine. Rom manager can't access clockwork, backup roms, nothin. I've installed and removed it twice we with no help. I want to install focused 1.0 but can't. I haven't yet installed bootstrap yet.

When I go into clockwork, it just goes straight into the red eye boot screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

theidoctor
10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
i had the same problem... i got droid x bootstrap and i tell it to boot into recovery.

i use that to tell it to boot into recovery but without actually rebooting, then i go to rom manager and do what i need to do and once it restarts it will boot into recovery.

Basically, there is a file that is created that lets the phone know to boot into recovery and i guess rom manager is not doing it. I havent tried any other way and it works for me :)

Kotten
10-29-2010, 03:00 AM
I am currently having the same exact problem. I just bought droid x bootstrapper, and when I tell it to reboot into recovery, even that wont work. It just reboots like normal. Ughh! My phone is being so SLOW lately. I'm on the leaked 2.2 in case you're wondering.

kdkinc
10-29-2010, 09:22 AM
I am currently having the same exact problem. I just bought droid x bootstrapper, and when I tell it to reboot into recovery, even that wont work. It just reboots like normal. Ughh! My phone is being so SLOW lately. I'm on the leaked 2.2 in case you're wondering.

IMHO,
Try a battery pull it may boot into recovery at installation of battery.
OR.
Pull battery press at same time home key. volume key ,power key, THEN install battery hold keys until it boots into recovery.

C Dippa
10-29-2010, 10:10 AM

You need to hit "bootstrap recovery" first or it won't work. Same goes for ROM manager most of the time.