PDA

View Full Version : titanium vs nandroid backups

medicscott
10-27-2010, 02:01 AM
whats the difference guys? i just discovered nandroid backup, wondering if its the same as the TB i use. thanks

mbern1008
10-27-2010, 06:45 AM
A Nandroid backup will back up your system partitions so that if you install a ROM or a Theme you will be able to revert back. A Titanium backup will backup your apps so if you do a phone wipe you can reinstall your apps

Droid-Xer
10-27-2010, 04:44 PM
It's a good idea to use both in conjunction.

Show
10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
I agree I use both

Sent from me... Courtesy of the Droid X

rjizle4shizl
10-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Can you get nandroid backup from the market? Or is that the backup that you perform using the DroidX Bootstrapper?

I am a little confused.

Droid-Xer
10-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Can you get nandroid backup from the market? Or is that the backup that you perform using the DroidX Bootstrapper?

I am a little confused.

You make a nandroid through the droidX bootstrap app. You hit bootstrap recovery button, allow super user access, then reboot recovery. Once it reboots, it pulls up a screen with green text. Use the volume buttons to move and down and the camera button to select. Its $2 in market or free on koushs website. Just google it

rjizle4shizl
10-28-2010, 10:23 AM
You make a nandroid through the droidX bootstrap app. You hit bootstrap recovery button, allow super user access, then reboot recovery. Once it reboots, it pulls up a screen with green text. Use the volume buttons to live and down and the camera button to select. Its $2 in market or free on koushs website. Just google it.

That's what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Jason_B
01-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Once the back up is done, where is the file stored? Also, what will it be named?

What's Koushs website?

WugFresh
01-11-2011, 02:09 PM
It will be named the date by default:

It will be stored in:
/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup

I recommend buying it. Its the most valuable app on the market and the devs deserve way more than 2 bucks for you to use it.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacking-guides/13485-how-use-droid-x-bootstrap.html#post124595

{{ WugFresh }}

rjizle4shizl
01-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Once the back up is done, where is the file stored? Also, what will it be named?

What's Koushs website?

The nandroid back up is stored in the file sdcard/clockworkmod/backup. And they are named based on the time and date of the back up.

The titanium back up files are stored in sdcard/TitaniumBackup. And each file that is backed up will be in that folder.

Koush's website is: My Brain Hurts (http://www.koushikdutta.com/)

I hope this helps.