PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to use Droid X with carrier other than Verizon?

whalerider
10-26-2010, 12:04 AM
I bought Droid X on EBay and now want to use it with different carrier (not Verizon). Phone interface doesn't have any option to exchange settings for built-in EV-DO modem (dialing number, username, password, etc). phones running Android and build by HTC have easy access to modem internet settings. My Droid is running 2.2 version.
Help, plz!

Strikeir13
10-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Don't think this is possible...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

boost192
10-27-2010, 03:59 PM
The only other network I think is cricket or metro pcs but you have to flash it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

l_n
10-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Try ##PROGRAM [send] 000000 [verify] from the dialer

Pragya
02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Were you able to flash your phone?

veNADEtta
02-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Its a cdma phone. Not very familiar with this type of stuff, but you might be able to run it on sprint. Highly doubt it, but do some research.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

duro78
03-01-2011, 10:39 AM
No offense but don't you think you have the process a little backwards, research then purchase. Either way goodluck

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

tech_head
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Sprint is CDMA but you will not be able to use it on Sprint because you need to add the MEID/ESN to their database and flash the phone.
You could probably flash the phone but you aren't going to add it to their database in this life.
The only options are Cricket and MetroPCS.

johnnyboy14981
03-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Yes you can fully flash this phone to cricket. I am using one with the Apex rom and ALL features working. It will take some research but it's definitely possible. I believe that Cricket is the only network that will allow non branded esn's on their network. Just make sure you activate your plan with the adr60 $55 android rate plan. It's completely unlimited for $55 a month, and it will make the flash a bit easier when you get into programming data and mms. Good luck. And here's a freebie don't edit the modem settings directly from the phone. Get hardware virtual serial port use that combined with qpst with the phone on pc mode to change all the settings you need to. There are full guides out there. This phone actually isn't all that difficult to do.

Snow02
03-02-2011, 12:42 AM
A guide on how to flash to cricket was posted a couple of days ago. It should greatly simplify the process.