PDA

View Full Version : Swapping out DX LEDS

wdkj2013
10-24-2010, 11:24 PM
I've been wanting to do this for a while. By this I mean, taking my Droid X appart and swapping out the LEDS for different colors or multicolor LEDS. I've disassembled the phone a few times now but haven't looked at the LEDS yet.

Does anyone know what size, voltage drop, etc, LEDS I should be looking for.

AdamTomaino
10-25-2010, 06:57 AM
I have had alot of experience soldering and heatsinking LEDs and It is a REALLY BAD idea! I was under the impression that the LEDs were RGB and could have there colors changed.

Backnblack
10-25-2010, 07:49 AM
I was under the impression that the LEDs were RGB and could have there colors changed.

Correct...the X led can be many colors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gudziel1482
10-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Very true. Just by going through the "Handcent SMS" app you can change the LED from either an option on the list of about 7-10 or you can even pick an LED color with the use of RGB sliders. It's actually very nice.

From my experience (personal and work) in electronics, I also would not advise in trying to solder/desolder these LED's.

Bert336
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
is there any apps out that i can set the LED to light up different colors for different alerts? not really a fan of handcent.

stevewitt
10-25-2010, 02:52 PM
is there any apps out that i can set the LED to light up different colors for different alerts? not really a fan of handcent.

Blink - Flash LED in Your Way - Android app on AppBrain (http://www.appbrain.com/app/blink-flash-led-in-your-way/imoblife.blink)

wdkj2013
10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Blink - Flash LED in Your Way - Android app on AppBrain (http://www.appbrain.com/app/blink-flash-led-in-your-way/imoblife.blink)

This didn't seem to work for me, it turned all incoming notifications to red. It also constantly gave me a low memory warning, not sure why or how I could have low memory.

gudziel1482
10-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Just reading from the comments on the market, it doesn't appear to bode well for DX users. Many issues with saving settings, notification colors, etc....

wdkj2013
10-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Just reading from the comments on the market, it doesn't appear to bode well for DX users. Many issues with saving settings, notification colors, etc....

That's what I was thinking. I can't seem to get it to work the way that I would like it to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk