PDA

View Full Version : ClockworkMod at startup all of the time, and no root downloads. HELP!

wdkj2013
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
No matter how you reset my phone, whether you pull out the battery and reboot or power it down and power it back on, immediately after the Motorola sign, it goes straight into "ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6" with the green text options.

I've done a few things before this started happening.

I had rooted and installed the RubiX.5 ROM successfully and had created a back up. After a while I decided to revert to the regular 2.2 OTA ROM. So I went through the Bootstrap and went into "backup and restore" in the ClockwordMod thing. Then I selected "Restore" and clicked on my first backup and let it do it's thing, then went out and selected "wipe data/factory reset" and then "wipe cache partition."

After doing all of these things and selecting "reboot system now" , it rebooted and I went through the same old google set up thing. I noticed that in the apps, User Superuser permissions were still in there. I had no problem with it and decided that I wanted to start my phone from complete scratch so I unrooted it.

After having done that, I pulled out the battery etc, and noticed that it goes straight into the ClockworkMod thing. I didn't think much of it and selected "reboot system now." I went through the normal things you must do to root as found here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/10136-rooolers-guide-root-backup-roms-2-2-ota.html and after that I searched in the apps for the Superuser permissions app. It wasn't there.

I wasn't sure if it would appear there later or what, so I went into the app market and tried to download Titanium Backup. At the bottom where you would normally see "Install" it says "Cancel download." When you press it, it says "Sorry! The application Market (proccess com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." "Force close"

When you press Force close and try to go back through and install it, it does the same thing over and over again.

Currently, when the phone reboots, the Superuser Permissions app is in there, but I still can't download Titanium Backup.

What should I do? To both fix the whole rooted situation and the ClockworkMod issue at startup? Should I download the 2.2 SBF and try from there? And if I should do that, how do I use it/what do I do?

stevewitt
10-24-2010, 08:16 PM
No matter how you reset my phone, whether you pull out the battery and reboot or power it down and power it back on, immediately after the Motorola sign, it goes straight into "ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.6" with the green text options.

I've done a few things before this started happening.

I had rooted and installed the RubiX.5 ROM successfully and had created a back up. After a while I decided to revert to the regular 2.2 OTA ROM. So I went through the Bootstrap and went into "backup and restore" in the ClockwordMod thing. Then I selected "Restore" and clicked on my first backup and let it do it's thing, then went out and selected "wipe data/factory reset" and then "wipe cache partition."

After doing all of these things and selecting "reboot system now" , it rebooted and I went through the same old google set up thing. I noticed that in the apps, User Superuser permissions were still in there. I had no problem with it and decided that I wanted to start my phone from complete scratch so I unrooted it.

After having done that, I pulled out the battery etc, and noticed that it goes straight into the ClockworkMod thing. I didn't think much of it and selected "reboot system now." I went through the normal things you must do to root as found here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/10136-rooolers-guide-root-backup-roms-2-2-ota.html and after that I searched in the apps for the Superuser permissions app. It wasn't there.

I wasn't sure if it would appear there later or what, so I went into the app market and tried to download Titanium Backup. At the bottom where you would normally see "Install" it says "Cancel download." When you press it, it says "Sorry! The application Market (proccess com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." "Force close"

When you press Force close and try to go back through and install it, it does the same thing over and over again.

Currently, when the phone reboots, the Superuser Permissions app is in there, but I still can't download Titanium Backup.

What should I do? To both fix the whole rooted situation and the ClockworkMod issue at startup? Should I download the 2.2 SBF and try from there? And if I should do that, how do I use it/what do I do?

Try this: After your next reboot go into ROM Manager and click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Then, back out of that. You should be good after that.

wdkj2013
10-24-2010, 09:23 PM
What to do, what to do? It still displays the ClockworkMod Recovery v2.0.5.6 thing on startup.

Smitty6750
10-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Maybe its time to sbf. That'll bring u back to totally stock with No root

wdkj2013
10-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Maybe its time to sbf. That'll bring u back to totally stock with No root

Fine with me, I can always re-install the apps, contacts are backed up. This isn't like previous smart phones I've had in which you had to manually re-add contacts and apps etc. It's done much more simply.

What SBF do I use though, I've seen 3 different SBFs all claiming to be the Droid X 2.2 sbf but are all different sizes ranging from 100 mb to 400mb.
I'll post the links.

1) Droid X Full 2.2 SBF (http://rootzwiki.com/index.php/Main-Page/Droid-X-Full-2.2-SBF.html)
2) TBH announces Froyo System SBF and RSDLite 4.8 (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-mods/4818-tbh-announces-froyo-system-sbf-rsdlite-4-8-a.html)
3) Droid X 2.2 Full SBF leaked - Download now (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/5151-droid-x-2-2-full-sbf-leaked-download-now.html)

2 and 3 are different files, check them.

So which do I download 0.o

EDIT: And before flashing to that SBF file, would I unroot? Or wouldn't it matter.