PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Rooting

gudziel1482
10-24-2010, 03:35 AM
I'm trying to root my gf's x and it says it is rooted. I get the ninja and everything. But when I try to use rom manager and install focused 1.0 and reboot into clockwork it just goes into the normal bootup. I can't install the busybox or anything. Nothing is working even though I can take "drocap2" pics. Not even the reboot into clockwork via rom manager method is working. It just boots into the x's eye immediately upon installation of the focused 1.0 ROM.

Can anyone help? Bootstrap doesn't work either. Her SD Card came up no found so I bought a new one tonight. I installed it so now her phone finds it now. I reset the phone into factory. I don't know what to do to install the ROM. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Smitty6750
10-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Bootstrap acts crazy sometimes u have to uninstall it then reinstall and rebootstrap

gudziel1482
10-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Bootstrap acts crazy sometimes u have to uninstall it then reinstall and rebootstrap

Thank you for your advice.

Unfortunately, I have attempted pre/post factory reset to get it to work. Before factory reset, after it was rooted, I tried to unroot the phone. After unrooting, the ninja was still there? I tried it again and it had worked the second time. Then I factory reset, re-rooted the phone and reinstalled the apps. Still no go?

Each time "Busybox" cannot operate, even after getting ninja rights. It tells me that the phone is either not rooted or something else, and that I should use a program to send report. Rom Manager installs, I am asked for program admin from the ninja, and then I can't get into clockwork. Drocap2 get supervisor rights, and does operate properly.

Any ideas?