PDA

View Full Version : JRummy OC 1.45GHZ app

tony1208
10-22-2010, 11:49 AM
JRummy Releases Droid X/2 Overclock App, 1.45GHz Speeds and Voltage Settings - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog (http://www.droid-life.com/2010/10/22/jrummy-releases-droid-x2-overclock-app/#more-17836)

anyone try this yet ??

blackjoker4215
10-22-2010, 12:00 PM
JRummy Releases Droid X/2 Overclock App, 1.45GHz Speeds and Voltage Settings - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog (http://www.droid-life.com/2010/10/22/jrummy-releases-droid-x2-overclock-app/#more-17836)

anyone try this yet ??

I did. Be careful, once set it will stay set. Test before you apply at boot! Also, there is not "return to stock option", but the stock settings are there. Check the comments on Droid Life for them.

Jaxidian
10-22-2010, 12:08 PM
I did. Be careful, once set it will stay set. Test before you apply at boot! Also, there is not "return to stock option", but the stock settings are there. Check the comments on Droid Life for them.

I see a "Go back to stock freq's & voltage" setting under essentially every menu. I don't know why you all don't see this.

Also, I'm seeing much better stability from this app when I overclock than the other app. I'm not sure what they do different but the other one couldn't get through a Quadrant run stable at 1.1 and I couldn't even get Quadrant to open at any higher setting.

So far for me, 1.1GHz is stable under Medium and High voltages but 1.25GHz is unstable at high. Playing a bit more with this to see what I can peak out at while staying stable, then will monitor temps under load.

[Edit]
I'm ignoring the Ultra Low Voltage option. However, it seems that no matter how much voltage I throw at it, it's stable at 1.15GHz but not at 1.2GHz. Must not have a fast chip in my phone. :(

[Edit2]
I'm now going at this from the other end - underclocking. My phone appears stable at 900MHz at Ultra Low Voltage.

[Edit3]
Okay, so Ultra low to High voltage are all stable at 1.15GHz but nothing is stable at 1.2GHz. I must have a hard cap there. Only thing left to test is to ignore 1.2GHz and try 1.25/1.3/1.35 in case they play nicely despite 1.2 not.

blu1080
10-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I see a "Go back to stock freq's & voltage" setting under essentially every menu. I don't know why you all don't see this.

Also, I'm seeing much better stability from this app when I overclock than the other app. I'm not sure what they do different but the other one couldn't get through a Quadrant run stable at 1.1 and I couldn't even get Quadrant to open at any higher setting.

So far for me, 1.1GHz is stable under Medium and High voltages but 1.25GHz is unstable at high. Playing a bit more with this to see what I can peak out at while staying stable, then will monitor temps under load.

I agree this app is more stable for me as well! I'm running 1.15 on high and it is stable so far!

InfamousDX
10-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Don't expect every phone to be able to hit more than ~1.15 GHz. That seems to be the general cutoff for whatever reason.

Jaxidian
10-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Ouch! At 1.15, I get over 1600 in Quadrant. However, at 900, I get ~500! Is this right - is this supposed to drop off that quickly?

blackjoker4215
10-22-2010, 12:56 PM

Checked it out and that setting is there. Perhaps it was added with the new update...Thanks!

Jaxidian
10-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Unless something changes, it looks like I'm going to keep this app and stay overclocked at 1.15GHz at Ultra Low voltage. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

blackjoker4215
10-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Unless something changes, it looks like I'm going to keep this app and stay overclocked at 1.15GHz at Ultra Low voltage. :)

How has that been working for you? I am running on medium voltage with 1.15Ghz and not having any problems. Medium is stock voltage if I am not mistaken

blu1080
10-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm also curious how ultra low is working. I have mine set on high at 1.15 and performs well im just nervous about my battery consumption:(

wmedina1991
10-22-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm at 1.15 Ultra Low Voltage and its working just great!!! No issues thus far.

qqeyes
10-22-2010, 03:48 PM
1.2 @ 66 vsel. Extremely stable. Avg quad is about 1780

blu1080
10-22-2010, 04:11 PM
hows the battery?

I'm at 1.15 Ultra Low Voltage and its working just great!!! No issues thus far.

jtdiddy
10-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Just did it and I'm running 1.45hz @ low voltage and so far so good. This is awesome, however I haven't really noticed a big boost of performance or anything doing normal everyday tasks...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk- Rooted 2.2 Froyo

blackjoker4215
10-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Just did it and I'm running 1.45hz @ low voltage and so far so good. This is awesome, however I haven't really noticed a big boost of performance or anything doing normal everyday tasks...

Everyday activities really won't be affected much. It is when the processor is under the heavy loads (gaming, video player, etc) that you will see a significant boost. I would be worried about running it that high all the time...

daali
10-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Does the app give you the actual numbers for the "Ultra Low", Medium, etc... voltages?

blackjoker4215
10-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Does the app give you the actual numbers for the "Ultra Low", Medium, etc... voltages?

No sir.

jtdiddy
10-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Yea i found that 1.45hz was unstable so I went down to 1.35hz on low voltage and so far its perfect

It seems web surfing on the browser is a lot quicker now and all apps seem to be quicker as well.

What I'm really interested in is if lowering the voltage will increase battery life. I heard its the voltage and not the cpu speed that drains the battery

I just fell in love with my X all over again

jtdiddy
10-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Btw... I got score of 1606 on Quadrant

blackjoker4215
10-22-2010, 08:30 PM
What I'm really interested in is if lowering the voltage will increase battery life. I heard its the voltage and not the cpu speed that drains the battery

The more power flowing into the processor the more power drained. You heard right about how the clock speed does not affect battery life. The voltage does. I am eager to hear you results when you lower the voltage.

jonathanmsims
10-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Did anyone get a "failed to install overclocking componets""contact the developer for help" or something like that when you click on the voltages? I just uninstalled the app and asked for a refund. I did it myself and I'm running 1.35 at 68vsels... I would like the app though so I could try the lower voltages w/o editing all myself, but I can't use it... anyone have an idea?

blackjoker4215
10-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Did anyone get a "cannot install overclocking files' or something like that when you click on the voltages? I just uninstalled the app and asked for a refund. I did it myself and I'm running 1.35 at 68vsels... I would like the app though so I could try the lower voltages w/o editing all myself, but I can't use it... anyone have an idea?

I was under the impression that issue was fixed with the update. Maybe check the comments on droid life or email him and see.

oo3
10-22-2010, 10:48 PM
I have this problem too and rebooting didn't help.

I'm running DX 2.2 OTA with Rubix 1.0.

blu1080
10-22-2010, 11:45 PM
i just had a strange experience with this...I went to a movie with my phone in my pocket. it sat there, unused for about 2 hours. when the movie was over i pulled my phone out and everything on my home screens was gone and it was really sluggish. a reboot fixed it for now. I'm running high voltage 1.15. would it be better to lower the clock speed or the voltage. thanks

blu1080
10-23-2010, 12:09 AM
i set the voltage to low and kept the clock speed at 1.15...seems stable with the same benchmarks!

B7ack Dr0id
10-23-2010, 12:17 AM
1.45 and 1.35 at low voltage freeze up my phone once i try to get into set cpu for the settings

oh im new, hey lol

right now im running 1.35 t low, in set cpu its set at 1.1 so any got any other good ones?

oh, and i ran a 715 bench mark ????..consistently

blackjoker4215
10-23-2010, 01:00 AM
1.45 and 1.35 at low voltage freeze up my phone once i try to get into set cpu for the settings

oh im new, hey lol

right now im running 1.35 t low, in set cpu its set at 1.1 so any got any other good ones?

oh, and i ran a 715 bench mark ????..consistently

715 in quad?! If so, that is not good at all. You should be getting close to 1500.

Someone mentioned that he got 1.15 on very low running stable and smooth. I am running 1.15 on low an testing it.

Just make sure not to set to boot until you test it and make sure it works fine.

blu1080
10-23-2010, 01:43 AM
if you do set on boot and don't like it you can just go back in the app and set them back to stock. I'm running 1.15 with low voltage and just got 1644 with quadrant. So far these setting have been very stable with no excess heat that i can tell.

715 in quad?! If so, that is not good at all. You should be getting close to 1500.

Someone mentioned that he got 1.15 on very low running stable and smooth. I am running 1.15 on low an testing it.

Just make sure not to set to boot until you test it and make sure it works fine.

turbojoe
10-23-2010, 02:19 AM
Did anyone get a "failed to install overclocking componets""contact the developer for help" or something like that when you click on the voltages? I just uninstalled the app and asked for a refund. I did it myself and I'm running 1.35 at 68vsels... I would like the app though so I could try the lower voltages w/o editing all myself, but I can't use it... anyone have an idea?

Had the same issue, i contacted JRummy, he replied within an hour, just needed to go back to the Market and wala, there was an update available. Updated the app and all is well!!!
This app has turned a already fast Rubix 1.0 into a freak of nature, Ran the phone for 2 hours at Reg. voltage and 1.45, i'm not a gamer so some may ask why... i'll tell ya why everything i do is almost instant, it did finally freeze during a text, but it did that stock!!! I decided to install Quad before i turned it down just to were i was at.... holy ****... my 3 test average was 1922, That was with Set Cpu set to performance mode. I did back it off to Reg. volts and 1.35 and will run it that way tomorrow to see how it holds up.

Thanks JRummy and all the Android Dev's!!!!!

Joe

evilive69
10-23-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm running low voltage at 1.15 and quadrant scores average 1600.
One piece of advice for anyone running this...dont set the boot frequencies before making 100% sure that it is working perfectly. If you do the phone will go into infinite boot loop, don't ask me how I know. Thankfully I had rom manager and clockwork recovery mod installed and restored boot and system from backup...which worked like a charm. Being a noob does have it's benefits...overly cautious.

Jaxidian
10-23-2010, 09:39 AM
I've stopped using this and the other overclock tool. Killed battery life because, even after going back to stock, my phone would spend 90% time at the mac speed instead of 90% at the lowest speed.

johnny9374
10-23-2010, 09:57 AM
im running low voltage at 1.2 makes the browser fast as hell and the battery life i think is better ill haveto report back on that ran quadrant topped out at like 1585

jtdiddy
10-23-2010, 11:45 AM
The more power flowing into the processor the more power drained. You heard right about how the clock speed does not affect battery life. The voltage does. I am eager to hear you results when you lower the voltage.

Yea, I got a full battery and i'm gonna try out the low voltage at different settings to test stability and battery level.

I had alot of freezes at the 1.45hz setting and a couple at the 1.35hz setting. So now I am at the 1.3hz setting and so far so good.

Does anyone know at stock what voltage setting the X uses?

blackjoker4215
10-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know at stock what voltage setting the X uses?

I believe I read that it was medium voltage.

johnny9374
10-23-2010, 12:10 PM
I believe I read that it was medium voltage.
there is an option on medium voltage to set it to stock

lukasskott
10-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Im running stable at 1.4 low voltage. 1750 on quadrant. My psxdroid finally runs like it should

ziv
10-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm loving this. It's also more stable for me, vs. the app from yesterday. I'm running Focused 1.0 which already is crazy fast and super solid. I set it to ultra low voltage, and kept the cpu at 1GHz, because I was already extremely happy with the speed. So far, my battery life is DEFINITELY improved. I'll report back shortly.

blackjoker4215
10-23-2010, 02:04 PM
there is an option on medium voltage to set it to stock

I know, he was just wondering what voltage profile is default.

ogxjason15
10-23-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm having a problem with this overclock. I initially tried this and it was successful at setting it to 1.1ghz @Ultra Low Voltage, however when I went to SETCPU I was not able to set my speed to 1100mhz. The problem now is when I go to the Jrummy's app and set my speed, it will just crash and say "Activity Low Voltage Frequencies (in application DroidX/2 Overclock) is not responding." It happens if I try other voltages too, none of them works.

Please help. Thanks

Magic Rat
10-23-2010, 03:41 PM
I set mine at 1.45 low voltage and am now in reboot hell. Unfortunately I set it to be that at boot before I read this thread. How do I get out of it?

M@|ice
10-23-2010, 04:05 PM
i cant get it to do anything but force close, i dont understand why mines not working but others have sucess.

ogxjason15
10-23-2010, 04:10 PM
i cant get it to do anything but force close, i dont understand why mines not working but others have sucess.

Same here....first time I tried, it actually worked...but now nothing works. I even did a restore to my original state!

daali
10-23-2010, 04:13 PM

Same for me.I can only gather it is because I already have the overclock.ko in place.

Dunno, but I was just support ing him with the purchase, since I have all mine set in gscript.

M@|ice
10-23-2010, 04:47 PM
every option i choose in there FC's. i even tried the block ads thing and it FC'd. any ideas anyone on a workaround?

nickbutterz
10-23-2010, 04:48 PM
every option i choose in there FC's. i even tried the block ads thing and it FC'd. any ideas anyone on a workaround?

same. any ideas?

ogxjason15
10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem ;)

M@|ice
10-23-2010, 04:56 PM
itll get fixed, if you read the comments on the market he is working on a fix/update. and so far today many have seen corrections in it. im looking forward to it.

REARless
10-23-2010, 05:15 PM
All who are having problems. I would do a clockworkmod backup. Wipe Data-Cache 2X. Install Rubix Focused 1.0. Don't install any apps except the JRummy OC and Set CPU.

Then start testing to find the highest GHz that works in the MEDIUM voltage. Then the highest in the LOW voltage. Then finally the highest in the ULV. Once you are stable, install your apps.

At this point, I have refrained from using the install at boot options. I am going to wait a week and see how this all shakes out. Just my opinion, I could be way too conservative on this.

A lot of testing, but this is your toy right?

jtdiddy
10-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Im running stable at 1.4 low voltage. 1750 on quadrant. My psxdroid finally runs like it should

Yea I started off with 1.4 @ low voltage and it was good for awhile but then my X started freezing especially accessing the gallery photos.

Mike1211
10-23-2010, 06:33 PM
1782 quadrant test score with these settings imputed into custom settings..none of the preset values worked well for me

300 @25
700 @38
900 @50
1300 @64

These numbers seem very stable on my x..passed 3hr stress test within low temps so I'm gonna try thesenumbers for a few more days and see how it goes

lthelwpn
10-23-2010, 06:38 PM
This app is great, i would have donated just to help out. I am currently stable at 1.3 ultralow voltage, have had it like this all day. I am still testing some others, so i will not set it until im sure there will not be any speed bumps.,,,,,, ANDROID HAS THE BEST DEVELOPERS!

blackjoker4215
10-23-2010, 07:18 PM
All who are having problems. I would do a clockworkmod backup. Wipe Data-Cache 2X. Install Rubix Focused 1.0. Don't install any apps except the JRummy OC and Set CPU.

Then start testing to find the highest GHz that works in the MEDIUM voltage. Then the highest in the LOW voltage. Then finally the highest in the ULV. Once you are stable, install your apps.

At this point, I have refrained from using the install at boot options. I am going to wait a week and see how this all shakes out. Just my opinion, I could be way too conservative on this.

You sir, are wonderful! These instructions should be posted in bright red text.

dragracekid
10-23-2010, 08:52 PM
so im wondering something ive tried both overclock programs and something is bothering me ive tried both on 1.2 GHz and ive tried my best to get the same voltages (i cant get exact because jrummys doesnt show what it has) but on one i cant get past 1.1 without freezing my system, but on jrummys one i can use any voltage with 1.2 and it runs smooth im wondering since ive noticed that most ppl are having problems with going past 1.15 is it our chips or is it something to do with the program being different our fones? (im not disrespecting the programs i think there both great and i really like jrummys design its very eye pleasing) :-)

newdroidx
10-23-2010, 08:53 PM

A lot of testing, but this is your toy right?

I did this, and the app wont do anything. Itll load up then when I pick a freq. it freezes up and force closes. I have a blank slate with only these apps currently installed and nothing..... Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

oo3
10-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm running 1.25 @ low voltage just fine w/o any issues so far. Anything above there would freeze my phone then it would reboot itself.

Running 2.2 OTA w/ Rubix 1.0

JavaLlamaFTW
10-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Is anyone else getting a FC when they try to change the frequencies? I can select what kind of voltage but as soon as i hit the frequencies I want I force close.

Marciz34
10-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Is anyone else getting a FC when they try to change the frequencies? I can select what kind of voltage but as soon as i hit the frequencies I want I force close.

yeah me too man...cant figure it out

JavaLlamaFTW
10-23-2010, 11:28 PM
yeah me too man...cant figure it out

I also have the other OC app but never have them both installed at one time, have you?

REARless
10-24-2010, 06:20 AM
I did this, and the app wont do anything. Itll load up then when I pick a freq. it freezes up and force closes. I have a blank slate with only these apps currently installed and nothing..... Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

Did you start with Medium voltage, 1.0 Ghz?

Marciz34
10-24-2010, 06:38 AM
I also have the other OC app but never have them both installed at one time, have you?

no i have only tried this app, it did update last night and the info for it says they found a bug so hopefully it will be fixed soon

newdroidx
10-24-2010, 07:08 AM
yeah app has been updated, works great for me now

technique
10-24-2010, 08:32 AM
I assume this app just sets available clock speeds, but you also need setcpu to actually control what speed you want?

leearnold0911
10-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I have had zero problems over clocked at 1.4, however I can't go any faster without phone resetting itself. My last benchmark score at 1.4 ghz was over 1900! So far, haven't noticed a considerable drop in battery either.

wmedina1991
10-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Wat voltage you run at?

xrazedx
10-24-2010, 11:59 AM
just tried this app out...running at the stock speed and voltage my quadrant score was 1525 but now overclocked to 1.35 Ghz my score is 1800. I haven't gotten 1.4 or 1.5 stable yet.

mechrock
10-24-2010, 12:00 PM
So I can run fine at these custom settings.

300mhz 25vsel
600mhz 36vsel
800mhz 48vsel
1000mhz 52vsel

but when I do a stress test and leave the program it crashes my phone.
How ever when I just use my phone normal nothing goes wrong.
Can I be safe to say it's okay to leave it at these settings?

Also what are your thoughts on going lower than 300mhz?
So I can make the voltage even lower to save more power on idle.

Mike1211
10-24-2010, 12:01 PM
The other app Dx/D2 overclocker..much better app imo

M@|ice
10-24-2010, 12:26 PM
i have been running fine on the 1.4, 1.1GHz 900000MHz, 400000MHz setting for quite some time today...it seems to run tings smoother and not choppy like the 1.45GHz.

has anyone been able to get the 1.45GHz stable on high voltage? i end up with a reboot seconds after setting it with both high and low voltage.

last question someone might be able to answer for me. between ultra low, low, medium, and high voltage 1.4/1.45GHz options which will provide a better performance? is more voltage better or lower? thank you.

anw36
10-24-2010, 12:33 PM
What is this app called in the market???

mechrock
10-24-2010, 12:38 PM
dx/d2 overclocker.

anw36
10-24-2010, 12:44 PM
I can't find it any suggestions or reasons why i can't

nickbutterz
10-24-2010, 12:48 PM
updated and works great. running on ultra low voltage @ 1.35ghz its running good. getting a quadrant score around 1740

newdroidx
10-24-2010, 12:51 PM
just type in jrummy in the search. should pop up.... ur on 2.2 correct??? type in us bank... how many items come back in the search? 9 or 10 right?/??/

anw36
10-24-2010, 01:38 PM
only 4 for U.S bank and im on 2.2 leak

newdroidx
10-24-2010, 02:09 PM
only 4 for U.S bank and im on 2.2 leak

Thats why you cant see it.... You dont have access to the full market

anw36
10-24-2010, 02:11 PM
How do i get full access to the market and why don't I?

M@|ice
10-24-2010, 05:09 PM
can someone give an explanation of these other features in this app? proximity and such? id like to know what they are and use them...

newdroidx
10-24-2010, 05:46 PM
How do i get full access to the market and why don't I? because your on the leak on 2.2 Someone correct me if Im wrong but in your case since ur baseband in outdated your still only seeing the 2.1 market... Close??? Something like that. You need to get to 2.3.1.5 from a rom or whatnot DONT FLASH BACK TO 2.1 maybe try sbf the OTA?? you can grab that and use rsd lite.... someone else feel free to chime in as my knowledge is limited in this area.

M@|ice
10-24-2010, 06:14 PM
there is a build.prop thread on here where someone edited the file to let the full market come through. it was updated 9/4 i think.

M@|ice
10-24-2010, 06:15 PM
found it, here ya go.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/5501-build-prop-edits-great-battery-life-fast-phone-full-market.html

ogxjason15
10-24-2010, 07:04 PM
OC'd to 1.40 @ultra low voltage. This phone is fast now! Quadrant score is around 1780

newdroidx
10-24-2010, 07:22 PM
I for the life of me cant get mine stable. No matter what voltage what speed. Itll be fast as hell and be ok, then I have some music playing sending a text and browsing the web and BOOM. restart... Ive tried just about all those high, med, and low settings.... Havent even been into the UL scales... should I go there next???? Any ideas????

blackjoker4215
10-24-2010, 07:51 PM
I for the life of me cant get mine stable. No matter what voltage what speed. Itll be fast as hell and be ok, then I have some music playing sending a text and browsing the web and BOOM. restart... Ive tried just about all those high, med, and low settings.... Havent even been into the UL scales... should I go there next???? Any ideas????

The general rule with any overclock is start with the safest settings first. Try 1.1GHz on Medium voltage. If that works, perhaps turn the voltage to low. Repeat using SMALL STEPS do not make a huge jump. Also, not ever processor is the same, some overclock well others don't. Just try the baby settings and see.

kradebaugh
10-24-2010, 09:16 PM
The highest I can get my Droid X is 1.2Ghz, no matter what voltage setting, so might as well put it at ultra-low since it works.

Smitty6750
10-24-2010, 09:40 PM
I used advanced and im stable at 1.35 at 94 vsels started at 96 gonna work my way down slowly till it gets unstable but before at high voltage setting I wasn't stable but now that I can enter in my own values I am

BossBrew
10-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Overclocked to 1.3 GHz at Ultra Low Frequency. Completely stable! I can overclock to 1.35 GHz Stable Low Frequency, but anything higher and it will freeze. Love the app, getting an average of 1600-1700 in Quadrant (compared to 1300-1400 Stock). Thoroughly impressed, H.264 playback has certainly improved!

B7ack Dr0id
10-25-2010, 12:01 AM
think a custom setting thread should start soon, but alas, cant get past 1.15 :(

EDIT: just pulled a 1.2 on ultra low tinkering a bit, still want a 1.4 phone though :)

selrahc
10-25-2010, 01:50 AM
think a custom setting thread should start soon, but alas, cant get past 1.15 :(

EDIT: just pulled a 1.2 on ultra low tinkering a bit, still want a 1.4 phone though :)

so how were you able to get up to 1.2?

trainedgymrat
10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
I got overly excited with this app and put it on high voltage at 1.4, the phone almost bricked it was stuck at the m logo for hours. anyways I am currently at low voltage running stable at 1.3...quadrant score was 1706, my battery however is bad. Tempted to try ultra low voltage but get nervous everytime i see the pop up warning about constant reboots under ultra low. anyone else had any success running ultra low voltage at 1.3 or higher?

rjizle4shizl
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
What makes overclocking unstable?

And what are the drawbacks of attempting this?

trainedgymrat
10-25-2010, 02:27 PM

The risk of bricking and losing warranty. as someone said in this thread each phone runs a bit differently so make sure to try the lowest settings first before jumping the gun like i did.

rjizle4shizl
10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
If you perform the clockworkmod backup are you safe?

blackjoker4215
10-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Overclocking is pushing the hardware beyond it's intended range for more performance. What makes it unstable is just that. When you tweak with hardware, you are always going to get oddities. However, not all overclocking is unstable, that is why you test, test, and (did I forget to mention) test.

If you are smart when you overclock the drawbacks are little to none. The most pressing issue is a brick. Be careful when you mess with settings. Always, test a setting and move in small steps. Do not jump from stock to 1.4GHz. Instead try going from stock to 1.1, it really isn't tough. Also overclocking decreases the life of your hardware because you are putting more stress on it. When ever you mess with voltage you also mess with the heat given off from electrical interactions, which messes with the expansion and contraction of the metals in the hardware.

Creating a backup is a must when ever you mess with something like this. However, safety cannot be defined.

movadoevo8
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM
I can't go higher then 1.2 then it freezes. Any tips and combinations recommended?

at 1.2 i'm in then mid 1500s instead of 1366 on stock 1.1.. would like to be around 1700... or 1650.. any tips?

EDIT: Actually i just ran another one and hit 1608 pretty impressive :D

BossBrew
10-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Currently found that the best setting for me is 1.35 GHz at low voltage. Tested my luck with ultra-low voltage, and my phone restarts under heavy loads with any speed above 1.2 GHz.

I think a good way to test the stability is by watching videos. I have H.264 Encodes that are running at 1500 CBR, and my phone would restart within seconds with a speed above 1.35 GHz. I will be staying at this speed until I do some further testing, but it looks like this may be a winner.

movadoevo8
10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Ughh now 1.2 at any voltage started freezing. Max clock working is 1.15ghz. How come higher clocks work for some but not others? Same hardware no?

DXed via Tapatalk

blackjoker4215
10-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Ughh now 1.2 at any voltage started freezing. Max clock working is 1.15ghz. How come higher clocks work for some but not others? Same hardware no?

DXed via Tapatalk

Different micro characteristics of the hardware cause this.

movadoevo8
10-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Man im like the other guy none work for me no matter what voltage. I started at the lowest and worked my way up.

I thought 1.2 or 1.25 worked heck thought even 1.1 worked but after a while just froze becoming unstable. My Droid is stock with the OTA 2.2 froyo update and rooted. I have no themes nor other hacked apps.

I just finished getting a refund so I wouldn't get stuck paying 0.99 and with no results.

Also when u click revert back to stock it puts the lowest at higher then 300mhz and 300 is the stock minimum so its not 100% revert back to stock.

I then restarted my phone and everything is back to stock since I never clicked the start upon boot button.

Really wished it worked for me like it did for a lot of people. Oh we'll stock performance is still amazing.

DXed via Tapatalk

jtdiddy
10-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Currently found that the best setting for me is 1.35 GHz at low voltage. Tested my luck with ultra-low voltage, and my phone restarts under heavy loads with any speed above 1.2 GHz.

I think a good way to test the stability is by watching videos. I have H.264 Encodes that are running at 1500 CBR, and my phone would restart within seconds with a speed above 1.35 GHz. I will be staying at this speed until I do some further testing, but it looks like this may be a winner.

Yea after the update i'm getting stable results at the 1.35hz at low voltage settings. Before the update anything over 1.2 at low voltage my phone would freeze.

Also, at low voltage I am not seeing any increase in battery life as I expected.

nickbutterz
10-25-2010, 06:50 PM
im at 1.35ghz and im running on ultra low voltage and i havent had any problems. i am running rubiX focused so i have a lot of free memory to play with. its such a great rom i suggest it to basically everyone

movadoevo8
10-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Yea after the update i'm getting stable results at the 1.35hz at low voltage settings. Before the update anything over 1.2 at low voltage my phone would freeze.

Also, at low voltage I am not seeing any increase in battery life as I expected.

What update?????? Jrummyoc app released an update?????? And when??? I uninstalled it 1 hr ago. Refunded do too not being stabled.

DXed via Tapatalk

jtdiddy
10-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Yea its was actually updated twice since Saturday. The first update screwed things up but the second update fixed everything.

Just check your downloads in your Android market like always

jtdiddy
10-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Btw, can anyone explain what exactly the voltage settings do? Does higher voltage increase performance?

Does lower voltage improve battery?

What's the deal?

blackjoker4215
10-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Btw, can anyone explain what exactly the voltage settings do? Does higher voltage increase performance?

Does lower voltage improve battery?

What's the deal?

The higher your clock, the more power it needs. Changing the voltage will change how much power the processor uses. In theory, the lower voltage the better battery life and vice versa. However, if you give the processor too little voltage, the clock will be unstable. If you give it too much voltage you can overheat it fast.

movadoevo8
10-25-2010, 10:17 PM
When was the last update because I installed it around 11am eastern time. Was it on the market after that.

Yea its was actually updated twice since Saturday. The first update screwed things up but the second update fixed everything.

Just check your downloads in your Android market like always

DXed via Tapatalk

BossBrew
10-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Updated Saturday without realizing a second update was released the same day. Running the updated version (1.1.5), I can now achieve 1.35 GHz on Ultra Low Frequency settings. This setting has been very stable thus far(3 hours H.264 Videos). Awesome App!

movadoevo8
10-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh I installed it today that means I had the latest version......and doesn't work for me.

DXed via Tapatalk

dennyjones
10-26-2010, 09:12 AM
just update via the market. running at 1.2 with medium voltage and it's very stable. I previously tried the DX/D2 Overclock and it was unstable at 1.3 so I deleted it.

So far Jrummy16 has does great by me.

Denny

trainedgymrat
10-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Updated Saturday without realizing a second update was released the same day. Running the updated version (1.1.5), I can now achieve 1.35 GHz on Ultra Low Frequency settings. This setting has been very stable thus far(3 hours H.264 Videos). Awesome App!

x 10 with this setting....very stable for me as well...

madan48316
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
With the new update and Ultra Low Voltage @ 1.35 GHz, my phone is running pretty stable. I've ran Quadrant a few times and averaged pretty high. http://i55.tinypic.com/5y9kqx.png

blackjoker4215
10-26-2010, 12:24 PM
With the new update and Ultra Low Voltage @ 1.35 GHz, my phone is running pretty stable. I've ran Quadrant a few times and averaged pretty high. http://i55.tinypic.com/5y9kqx.png

You have some pretty nice results. When you say pretty stable, you mean what exactly?

two250
10-26-2010, 01:17 PM
I cannot get my phone to be stable on any setting except 1.15 and lower. Voltage doesn't matter. I don't blame the Dev, must be my phone...

justanothaguy
10-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Running @ 1.2 on low has been very stable for me on the rubix 1.0 rom. my phone has never ran smoother web browsing is smooooooooth.
Can't run anything over 1.2 thpugh it pretty much immediately freezes on me.

dragracekid
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Same here I'm hoping that there's something they will figure out to make it stable for everyone to run at 2.0 GHz but i doubt that will happen any time soon

fightoffyourdemons
10-26-2010, 03:55 PM
running at 1.25, averaging around 1800-1750. No reboots, been stable for the whole day.

feels good, man.

BossBrew
10-26-2010, 04:07 PM
running at 1.25, averaging around 1800-1750. No reboots, been stable for the whole day.

feels good, man.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4858/feelsgoodman.jpg

Had to.

Cupidsrage
10-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Got mine running at 1.3 ghz on low voltage and its 100% stable no force closes 1722 quadrant score average

anomaly
10-26-2010, 06:07 PM
thanks to all that posted in this thread and to the dev!

i was OCing the manual way, it worked fine for me but i couldnt get much past 1.2ghz @ (72 max vsl.)

i figured id give this a shot and im glad i did. :) i actually got 1.4ghz to run on med voltage but didnt really test for stability ofther than a few linpak and quadrant runs. right now im shooting for the highest i can get @ ULV. i rebooted @1.3ghz so now im trying out 1.2ghz.

i love the way the browser feels after a nice bump in Mhz. :banana:

hansolos
10-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know where I can find more information about some of the new features in the latest update? I'd like to know more about the scaling governor.

ytsejamr
10-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Well, I've been using it for awhile now...
My best quadrant score is 1661 with my release date DX set @ 1.2 med.
although is does nicely on low freq with a 1575 score. Hope that's good.

jmiller148
10-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Does anyone know what voltages are used for each setting?

Magic Rat
10-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I see quadrant ratings but am wondering if you are seeing longer battery life...same or worse? Am wondering what good settings to try if I want to balance performance with improved battery life.

dragracekid
10-26-2010, 10:51 PM
If were talking quadrant then ill throw my 2 cents lol the best I've gotten is 2300 :-)

z06mike
10-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Where did you guys get this? I can't find a working link or find it in the market.

jtdiddy
10-27-2010, 01:03 AM
I've been on 1.35hz at ultra low voltage all day and it's been stable and no problems thus far.

However, I do not see an increase in battery life like I thought I would. It's the same as before.

But definitely my X is super fast now and is not overheating either.

This overclocking is so awesome and it's what I've been waiting for since rooting.

makeshiftharmony
10-27-2010, 05:56 AM
I've been on 1.35hz at ultra low voltage all day and it's been stable and no problems thus far.

However, I do not see an increase in battery life like I thought I would. It's the same as before.

But definitely my X is super fast now and is not overheating either.

This overclocking is so awesome and it's what I've been waiting for since rooting.

I'm using same settings with same results. No fc, reboots. Maybe a little warmer but only when stress testing for 2 hrs it got up to 43c. i with i knew voltage settings. battery life seems better for me but not by much. but again im running 350mhz faster.

makeshiftharmony
10-27-2010, 05:58 AM
Got mine running at 1.3 ghz on low voltage and its 100% stable no force closes 1722 quadrant score average

Try ULV and see what happens. At 1.35.

BadKarma
10-27-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure how true this is but i had the same thing happen to me. So i uninstalled and refunded. The next day curiosity got the best of me and i bought it again. No problems the second time at all. I'm running 1.4ghz @ULV. stable. I left the phone unplugged last night when i went to bed and i only lost 20% of the battery overnight.

blackjoker4215
10-27-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure how true this is but i had the same thing happen to me. So i uninstalled and refunded. The next day curiosity got the best of me and i bought it again. No problems the second time at all. I'm running 1.4ghz @ULV. stable. I left the phone unplugged last night when i went to bed and i only lost 20% of the battery overnight.

What is it like with a "day's" worth of use? How long have you stressed test your settings too?

movadoevo8
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
I wonder why no matter what setting is et mine too just freezes..... Wonder if I should just back up my apps and do a factory reset and see if it works then.... wonder if any app i have is conflicting with it... I'm just ROOTED and using Launcher pro paid version... Can any widget be screwing me up?

Droid-Xer
10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
I wonder why no matter what setting is et mine too just freezes..... Wonder if I should just back up my apps and do a factory reset and see if it works then.... wonder if any app i have is conflicting with it... I'm just ROOTED and using Launcher pro paid version... Can any widget be screwing me up?

Some processors just aren't able to overclock. It isn't a system or phone problem. All processors are not made the same. Just do what you can with it and enjoy.

movadoevo8
10-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I will download it again and re try. Maybe I will get lucky like the guy above after buying it a second time.

Why would I have a different processor don't all Droid x's use the same one? I got my phone on launch day not sure if this matters.

DXed via Tapatalk

movadoevo8
10-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Well everything is freezing but I seem to be okay at 1.150mhz and get quadrant score of 1539 and its at low voltage.

DXed via Tapatalk

OnMy2ndGP
10-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm enjoying this OC app very much. Here are my first test results:

LV 1.15 GHz = Quadrant score 1418 (Quadrant FC'd 1x)
LV 1.125 = 1476 & 1516 (No FC's)
LV 1.35 = 1623 & 1649 (random reboot 1x; been on this setting the longest, approx. 7 hrs)
LV 1.4 & LV 1.45 = phone became very slow or almost non-responsive

I will be trying other voltages later on. So far I'm pretty pleased with the results and speed increase.

FreeWELL
10-27-2010, 06:55 PM
This application does not "overclock" your phone, it passes frequency and voltage parameters to a kernel module(which actually changes the settings at the hardware level) which is the intellectual property of Milestone Overclock by Tiago Sousa (http://code.google.com/p/milestone-overclock/), and is distributed under a GPL license.

Milestone Overclock is available freely from the Android Marketplace, and is the real reason anyone is overclocking right now. Support Tiago, and donate to him. Hopefully he'll be able to get a Droid 2 World Edition or something, and be able to support DX/D2 more closely.

MZ3DX2
10-27-2010, 10:19 PM
For the past two days, I've had my DX set at 1.2ghz on ULV. I've been using exchange email / gmail with lots of background updates and have been pretty much impressed with the stability, battery life, and speed. From using the device 5am to 6pm, I still have 70% battery left when I get back home. Oh my DX is also running on Rubix Focused 1.0 and have been consistently averaging around 1620 in Quadrant :)

jtdiddy
10-28-2010, 01:39 AM
This application does not "overclock" your phone, it passes frequency and voltage parameters to a kernel module(which actually changes the settings at the hardware level) which is the intellectual property of Milestone Overclock by Tiago Sousa (http://code.google.com/p/milestone-overclock/), and is distributed under a GPL license.

Milestone Overclock is available freely from the Android Marketplace, and is the real reason anyone is overclocking right now. Support Tiago, and donate to him. Hopefully he'll be able to get a Droid 2 World Edition or something, and be able to support DX/D2 more closely.

Well, if it is indeed tiago's intellectual property, there are stuff called patents that protect such things in the U.S.

Without that, its fair competition in a capitalist society.

Droid-Xer
10-28-2010, 08:09 AM
I will download it again and re try. Maybe I will get lucky like the guy above after buying it a second time.

Why would I have a different processor don't all Droid x's use the same one? I got my phone on launch day not sure if this matters.

DXed via Tapatalk

Yes they are all the same processors. But no two processors are exactly alike. If you read through some of the overclock threads on various sites, you'll see that many launch day Xs are not able to OC to more than 1.15ghz. This is why some can OC to 1.4ghz and be stable and some like yours can only get to 1.15ghz and be stable.

OnMy2ndGP
10-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Looks like 1.35GHz @ any voltage is stable for me. My highest Quadrant scores at 1.35GHz are:

ULV = 1670
LV = 1712
MV = 1687
HV = 1751

pvtbunker
10-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I was running 1.35 with ulv for two days without any problem no reboot no freeze. My batteries improve i unplug my phone at 530am by 8 i still have 70percent, but the only thing that i did not like is that the phone heats up alot.

boost192
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
I have been running at ultra low and 1.25 for 3 days with no issues anything higher or lower my phone reboots

REARless
10-29-2010, 09:56 AM
OK, stupid question.

If all I want to do is have the device change its clockspeed as needed, (ondemand), do I need SetCPU?

In other words, if I install SetCPU and don't customize the profiles: screen off, battery %, temp, etc - is SetCPU doing anything that JRummys app wouldn't do on its own?

blackjoker4215
10-29-2010, 10:12 AM
If all I want to do is have the device change its clockspeed as needed, (ondemand), do I need SetCPU?

In other words, if I install SetCPU and don't customize the profiles: screen off, battery %, temp, etc - is SetCPU doing anything that JRummys app wouldn't do on its own?

Short answer: no.

All hail the glory of Hypnotoad.

REARless
10-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Short answer: no.

All hail the glory of Hypnotoad.

Thanks! (http://r33b.net/)

jtdiddy
10-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Overclocked at 1.25hz at ULV.

My cpu temp ranges b/t 31c and 39c. Are these acceptable numbers?

blackjoker4215
10-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Overclocked at 1.25hz at ULV.

My cpu temp ranges b/t 31c and 39c. Are these acceptable numbers?

If that was a PC's CPU I would say those are amazing temps. But, I do not know the safe range of this CPU. I am assuming so since you're running low voltage.

AZSoftwareDeveloper
10-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Okay, there are apparently some misconceptions about overclocking, and what a clock cycle is.

A microprocessor is comprised of may tiny little logic gates, made up of transistors. These are put together to achieve what we know as the microprocessor, capable of handling multiple instructions.

All of these gates however have a different propagation delay, meaning that it takes time for the result to be available. Obviously you can't use an answer before it's there, so in a processor, everything is synchronized based on the longest delay that exists in the processor.

Not every transistor acts the same, there's a deviation that exists during manufacturing, so it opperates within a certain range, but outside of that, they cannot guarantee that all Omap processors respond the same when the clock cycle is increased.

By overclocking, what you're really doing is telling the processor that the maximum delay is shorter than what it thinks. That's about it.

So instead of it waiting 1000 pico seconds for a result to be available, it will use the result after 800 pico seconds.

Hopefully that clears some things up

blackjoker4215
10-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Okay, there are apparently some misconceptions about overclocking, and what a clock cycle is.

A microprocessor is comprised of may tiny little logic gates, made up of transistors. These are put together to achieve what we know as the microprocessor, capable of handling multiple instructions.

All of these gates however have a different propagation delay, meaning that it takes time for the result to be available. Obviously you can't use an answer before it's there, so in a processor, everything is synchronized based on the longest delay that exists in the processor.

Not every transistor acts the same, there's a deviation that exists during manufacturing, so it opperates within a certain range, but outside of that, they cannot guarantee that all Omap processors respond the same when the clock cycle is increased.

By overclocking, what you're really doing is telling the processor that the maximum delay is shorter than what it thinks. That's about it.

So instead of it waiting 1000 pico seconds for a result to be available, it will use the result after 800 pico seconds.

Hopefully that clears some things up

Thanks for clearing up the technical side. :)

Melon balls
10-30-2010, 09:26 PM
So heres my story, if anyone cares. I been playing with this app all week. I got it to hold steady @mv 1.30. Anything higher would reboot within 5 mins. So today I downloaded Stericson's Busybox. Installed to xbin and I've been running @mv 1.45 on performance all day. Just browsing web for info on OC'ing and running benchmarks. The only bug I had was with camcorder, recording the kids carve a pumpkin. Temp ranging from 71f - 97f. Any thoughts? Could it be busy box working some magic in the back round?

IntenseImage
11-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Decided to take the plunge and snagged the app from the market. Running 1.35 ULV and everything is running extremely well. No FC's or reboots during normal use. I have noticed the phone gets a bit warmer during web use and the temp has hit 102* but drops quickly after closing the browser. During YouTube HD playback, games (Angry Birds, etc) everything stays cool.

Is the warming during web use ok or should I be looking into other settings.

Most importantly, is there a good stress test to figure out if these settings arent ok -- Quadrant runs great and I am consistently in the 174x range

lthelwpn
11-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Hello everyone, i am not ready to set any frequency on boot yet. i have searched this forum and others and cant find what the VSELS are on the ultra low voltage, low voltage on this app. Can someone point me in the right direction on where to find this. Thanks in advance.

TommyV
11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I still can't get this app. The Market says it can't find it. Appbrain has it, but when I install it, it says "Not found" Help!

lthelwpn
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
nevermind, the update tells you all the vsels in the settings section. Medium volt is stock 62@100000, lv is -2, and ulv is -4, and hv is +2. if anybody needed to know that.

thegrillboy
11-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Hello, which setting is the best of for battery life, i have it set at preset 1.15 ULV.. and my batter is worse than ever..

RMM
11-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Hello, which setting is the best of for battery life, i have it set at preset 1.15 ULV.. and my batter is worse than ever..

1.0 ghz ULV.

Any time you overclock you lose battery life.

ckdg888
11-14-2010, 09:35 PM

Everyone says to wait to "set to boot" until you test it and make sure it works fine but what is a good ammount of time for a setting to work at to feel confident to set at boot. And in addition to the amount of time spent with a setting with out reboot is a stress test also needed to qualify a setting to set to boot?

Ryan M
11-14-2010, 09:41 PM
you basically just want to make sure it not going to reboot and keep rebooting every time it powers on Example: say if you set it to ulv 1.4 its pretty much guaranteed to reboot if you set those values on boot than it will just keep booting and rebooting not letting you into the device long enough to change the values, until you restore a back up or sbf

ckdg888
11-14-2010, 11:17 PM
you basically just want to make sure it not going to reboot and keep rebooting every time it powers on Example: say if you set it to ulv 1.4 its pretty much guaranteed to reboot if you set those values on boot than it will just keep booting and rebooting not letting you into the device long enough to change the values, until you restore a back up or sbf

So having your settings to Medium Voltage @ 1.25GHz for over 30-minutes with out crashing and running a stress test for 71seconds with no errors might be a safe bet to "set on boot" ?

Ryan M
11-14-2010, 11:28 PM
umm IMO i would say give it a good 24 hrs or so but you might be ok to set at boot with those values. just make sure you nandroid backup just in case it goes into a loop

lifebeginsfriday
11-16-2010, 09:41 PM
just throwing this out there to see if I can get some input... I'm thinking about tweaking the a preset to sorta meet in the middle. i'm thinking 1.25 ulv top end and dropping to 300mhz ulv ... I don't use the phone very often while i'm at work so i'd like to drop it down as low as possible during standby, but when It needs to able to ramp up to 1.25 on demand.. anyone think I would have any issues with this... maybe i'll take it for a spin and report back...

edit - made the changes started 1.20-66v,900-56v,600-46v,300-31v - ran benchmarks quadrants 1400+ stock X 1600+ after the adjustments. over the next couple days i'll get an idea of my battery life and over all operations... besides that I would like to thank all the developers that make all of this possible... If it weren't for you all I could be the "phone dork" that I am today :)

ssorensen
11-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Ok so I have been reading a lot of threads on this and the only danger that I have read is that overclocking and over volting could be damaging. You want the lowest voltage possible on each setting because it will extend your battery life. Also everyones phone is different so there are not a set numbers that will work. Some cpus are better than others.

I am running 1.2 at 54 so i am overclocked but will get better battery life because stock settings are 1.0 at 56. Just set it and if your phone freezes you know it was to low. Go back and move it up.
here are my current settings.
1.200 54 almost tweaked
800 37 as low as it goes
600 31 haven't messed with it yet
300 14 I might could go lower. still tweaking

Here are some personal thoughts too, most people I am seeing are overclocking everything. The only speed i have changed is the top one, and then droped all voltages. That way when i need it i have the power, its there without killing my battery and when im not using it, i was able to drop 300mhz down 12 from 27. thats 50% cut on battery usage.

DX - OTA 2.2 - LAUNCHER PRO LITE - ROOTED - OC 1.2 AT 54V - QUAD 1476

ssorensen
11-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Also what are your thoughts on going lower than 300mhz?

I have heard that the processor can't go lower than that. I dont know for sure.

AirJordan
11-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Wow, how are you able to have your voltages that low at that clock speed? Even the ultra low voltages for 1.0 are higher than what yours are at, have you stress tested your phone enough to be sure that those settings are completely stable?

ssorensen
11-20-2010, 08:59 PM
I have been listening to music and it was crashing. Its my 300 setting. Im going to up it a little. Also i have been running bench mark test and stress testing with the program. How long do you recomend doing it for. Ill update you on those numbers. They have been very stable for the past day. I lowered the 300 setting down just a coulpe of hours ago.

AirJordan
11-20-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm actually testing mine out right now, but I'm not very experienced with this. Do you know what the second and third slots are used for? I'm going to try to match your settings or even try to go lower. What's the highest clock speed your phone can run on any settings?

ssorensen
11-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Its a challenge then. JK. I have bumped it up to 1.4 and stressed it for 30 seconds no prob. I can't remember what volts i was at. I am up to 17 on 300 mhz. It seems to be running fine. The second and third slot are for intermediate speeds. I left them stock and lowered the volts. I seem to have a great processor. I have seen people go as low as 12 at 300 though. Ya keep me updated. Just don't set the values to boot untill a lot of testing. I am using DX/D2 overclocker great program. what are you using.

AirJordan
11-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Haha, yea you do have a nice processor. If i go up anything higher from 1.3 my phone starts to freeze up. I'm still gonna see what i can do though, and I'm using JRummy's DX/D2 overclocker

WhiteLabelDon
11-23-2010, 11:32 PM
What do you guys have your governor set at? I have also noticed that i get a higher score on 1.2 with medium voltage than with low voltage?

Mateenager
11-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Okay so for a noob question...

I rooted and I even rooted my original Droid.

However, what is the difference between the different Voltages?

For example, difference between low, medium, or high voltages for the same frequencies?

Mateenager
11-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Okay so this isnt the same as the Droid 1 where I have to install kernels and stuff to overclock, right? (I have no problems doing that, I know how to do it)

I just run this app and select my frequency, and I'm overclocked?

When I reboot my phone and go to set CPU, it automatically shows up on my widget as 1000 MHz, and l have to keep putting at back at 1300, but the actually app shows 1300. Is this normal?

Thanks guys!

mpdx13
11-26-2010, 05:20 AM
What file(s) can I view to see my stock voltages? I know these numbers have been posted here, but when I use this app to view my after reboot (back to stock cpu/voltages) they're different than the number posted here. So I want to know what system files or other application will tell me what my actual numbers are. Also, the "back to stock" voltages used in this app - Droid Overclock are different than the "back to stock" voltages used in DX/D2 Overclocker. Which on has the REAL back to stock numbers?

raf66
11-26-2010, 07:36 AM
1.25 gHz at medium voltage and very stable here. It takes some trial and error at finding the right setting, though.

Droid-Xer
11-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Okay so this isnt the same as the Droid 1 where I have to install kernels and stuff to overclock, right? (I have no problems doing that, I know how to do it)

I just run this app and select my frequency, and I'm overclocked?

When I reboot my phone and go to set CPU, it automatically shows up on my widget as 1000 MHz, and l have to keep putting at back at 1300, but the actually app shows 1300. Is this normal?

Thanks guys!

Press the menu hard key then go to device selection then autodetect speeds. Select yes and yes then move the sliders back and forth once to where you want them. Then it'll show on the widget.

mpdx13
11-26-2010, 04:18 PM
What file(s) can I view to see my stock voltages? I know these numbers have been posted here, but when I use this app to view my after reboot (back to stock cpu/voltages) they're different than the number posted here. So I want to know what system files or other application will tell me what my actual numbers are. Also, the "back to stock" voltages used in this app - Droid Overclock are different than the "back to stock" voltages used in DX/D2 Overclocker. Which on has the REAL back to stock numbers?

So no one has this answer or can point me to where it's already been posted? How did the developers of these apps determine what the defaults are?

04CiviCon20s
11-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I have the DX/D2 Overclocker that I had already purchased. Should I just delete from the device so it will not cause any confusion. Jr's app look so damn sexi on my DX...Do ya thing JR

mkcm97
11-26-2010, 06:58 PM
what apps are y'all using for stress test. I haven't noticed any reboots or freezes at ulv 1.15 GHz and want to see if it's okay to set at boot. BTW I have even tried lv at 1.35 GHz without noticing anything except the battery gets freakin hot.

1KDS
11-28-2010, 06:35 PM
I haven't seen this posted yet, when I try to select ulv it says "may lead to some serious bootloops", that only applies if I set changes at boot correct? and of course if the settings make the phone unstable

Ryan M
11-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Correct

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

1KDS
11-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Thank you sir, got it set now

rolandct
11-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Read this thread and am wondering if this does work or is a placebo. Doesn't sound like anyone has noticed any battery difference, or it has been worse and despite better quadrant scores, only read 2 people claim web browsing is faster. Not exactly the definitive response I was hoping to read. It may give it a shot for $1.50 however has anyone does any real testing over a couple days? Meaning they actually kept track of battery times and time for apps to load (the app itself or to run specific task)? I was hoping for numbers as I find when I read "feels/seems" before any benefit or "snappier/quicker" instead of number of seconds it may be the placebo affect. Especially as I read testing for some people means an hour and other 24. Not trying to instigate anything, just was hoping for some statistical feedback so as a group we can see what measurable benefit this apps gives us.

mpdx13
11-29-2010, 12:55 PM
That's what I would lime to do. But I want to know what my base voltages are w/o the trial and error bs.

daankdroid
11-30-2010, 10:19 AM
I just got my DX 4 days ago and I was very interested in overclocking, however, I do not posses a lot of the hardware knowledge to do it correctly. Instead of DX/D2 - which I thought was going to rock - I used "Droid Overclock", apparently made by the same guy JRummy16 (unless I'm an idiot) either way this app has so many options and got me overclocked me stable to 1.35 right away (which DX/D2 was crashing) and I'm pretty sure I can go higher if I wanted to go Low Voltage. It has tons of extras like a cache cleaner, a command that sets all cache from apps and installation directories right to your SD card and a great ad remover... In my opinion, even though I have only had my DX 4 days, this app friggin' rocks. Saved me a ton of time and resources on my phone - quadrant score of 1712.

stussykid3
12-28-2010, 07:55 PM
im about to install the droid overclocker by jrummy, but before i do i have a few questions. what does the quadrant score mean?
and the main idea here is to increase ghz and decrease voltage to make the phone faster but use less or the same battery life as before, correct? it sounds simple but i know im going to run into trouble becuz i dont understand what some of these numbers you guys are talking about.......
.....like this:
1.200 54 almost tweaked
800 37 as low as it goes
600 31 haven't messed with it yet
300 14 I might could go lower. still tweaking

Droid-Xer
12-28-2010, 08:02 PM
1200 is oc speed and the other number is vsel which is voltage. Not all phones can achieve the same numbers. Play around with the app. If your too high the phone will freeze/reboot. Find a sweet spot. Read rooolerxx guide to overclocking in hacking help guides.