ApeX 2.0 for Droid X Gingerbread (.605 OTA) has finally reached the Release Candidate landmark! As always, the goals of the ROM are speed, stability, reliability, and simplicity of use. I feel that this version lives up to those goals admirably! Take it for a test yourself and see if you agree!
- You must be on .602/.605 rooted or a .602/.605 based ROM
- Kernel must be 220.127.116.11-g34b306d
- Baseband must be BP_C_01.09.13P
If you're on a .340 based ROM, read instructions below on how to use AIO to jump straight to ApeX
Code:As always, you must take responsibility for what you do to your own phone. I have created this ROM and tested it to the best of my ability. The instructions are written to make sure that users have success installing and using the ROM. However, if anything goes wrong and your phone is damaged or rendered useless, I do not take any responsibility.
- Motorola - for building this great device and providing a decent Gingerbread base (.605)
- Google - for Android, AOSP source code used to compile many apps in this ROM
- CyanogenMod Team - for GB source code used to compile many apps in this ROM
- SuperTeam - for Launcher2 source code
- @team_black_hat and @p3droid - for all the work they do to acquire leaks and rooted GB builds
- @kejar31 - for teaching me his secret sauce technique for compiling AOSP apps for the Blur Framework
- @jrummy16 and @drod2169 - for providing answers to my many questions via Gtalk
- @_Mycahya_ and @Mobile_Sensei - for helping me with some of the harder themeing in the ROM
- Dr. Carpenter - for creating the Google boot logo
- All my testers - for helping me make Apex great!
*Follow these guys on Twitter if you aren't already (links provided)!
*If I left anyone out, sorry! Please let me know so I can add you to the list!
Changelog in RC4
- Updated system base to .605
- Fixed Market purchasing bug
- Fixed bluetooth phone call volume bug and custom ringtones!
- This required the return of Blur dialer and contacts. Fortunately, these apps bring good features as well.
- Super Launcher2 brings amazing speed, customization, while retaining AOSP styling
- True AOSP lockscreen sliders (less laggy than Blur sliders)
- Updated Superuser 3.0 beta 3 app and binary (thanks @ChainsDD!)
- Updated latest Market 3.1.3
- Updated Terminal Emulator and OI File Manager
- Fixed some signature errors -- Superuser, Market, Terminal Emulator, and File Manager can now be updated through Market
- Other cool stuff
- Android 2.3.3 based on the Gingerbread OTA (4.5.605)
- All apps replaced with AOSP/CM7 counterparts except dialer/contacts (compiled from source for DX, by me)
- Stock Gingerbread Theme
- Bloat and Market apps removed
- Facebook for Android App syncs w/ Contacts!
- DSP Manager (visual equalizer) for headphones, phone speaker, and BT
- MusicMod with gesture controls
- Dev Tools, Spare Parts, Terminal Emulator for fun tweakin'
- ApeX wallpaper gallery with user submitted wallpapers!
- Quadrant "Turbo" Mode for mad scores
- Witty Protips (ApeX Blurbs)
- poweroverwhelming : activate Quadrant "turbo" mode
- sys : mount system r/w and r/o
Things to know
- Market apps are removed (Gmail, Maps, Voice Search, etc). Remember to re-enable Gmail sync in your account settings after downloading it.
- Preset, Yahoo, Email, Motorola, and Corporate Sync in add accounts don't do anything.
- Sync Facebook contacts using the official app
- If you need to activate your phone, hold down the menu button at the activation screen to bring up the keyboard.
- Cannot add dialer or contacts to hotseat in new Launcher 2. Keep dialer in the default position for now, sorry!
- Meet all the requirements listed at the top of the post
- Wipe data/cache, dalvik cache (only wipe cache and dalvik if coming from RC3)
- Flash Apex
For .340 (Froyo) users, download the Apex AIO file below. In recovery, format system, data, and cache. Then MOUNT SYSTEM, and install Apex AIO. You will be on .602 with new kernel, baseband, and of course, Apex. FAILURE TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS WILL RESULT IN BRICK REQUIRING SBF.
Apex V2.0.0 RC 4 - Droid X
Apex V2.0.0 RC 4 - Droid X - Mirror (Direct Link)
Apex V2.0.0 RC 3 AIO - Droid X Froyo (.340) only
If you enjoy my work, consider buying me a beer