Apex tether fix? ??

This is a discussion on Apex tether fix? ?? within the ApeX forums, part of the Gingerbread Roms category; Does apex have a fix for the tethering apps? Iv tried tbh patch and wugfresh's thing and neither work Sent from a DROIDX by a ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apex tether fix? ??

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Apex tether fix? ??

Does apex have a fix for the tethering apps? Iv tried tbh patch and wugfresh's thing and neither work

Sent from a DROIDX by a noob!
    I'm diagnosed with a severe case of noobecidis, it might not be treatable...

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on Apex RC2 GB. And applied the TBH patch, and downloaded the Wireless Tether beta app, and everything seems to work perfectly fine :/ Here's what I did.

Just search Wireless Tether Apk on google and it's like the first hit. Open the Wifi Tether app, under the Settings menu, select "Change Device Profile" and select Droid X. Now everything should be good (you can enable security if you want, but to test it I left it off.) now click start tether.

It will try to start the tethering and then the 3G mobile Hotspot will pop up in the notification bar, don't do anything with it. I tried once and couldn't connect to it all. So just give the Wifi Tether app a little bit to run. After no longer than 30 seconds, tethering should be running and you should be able to connect to it via another device. (PC, Cell Phone, etc)

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well I never got to it I sbfd then went to simply stunning and its just like its name makes it sound like lol

Sent from a noob on a DROIDX running Simply Stunning X (the most ballin' ROM!)
    I'm diagnosed with a severe case of noobecidis, it might not be treatable...

X Lurker
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by basketball00011 View Post
    I'm on Apex RC2 GB. And applied the TBH patch, and downloaded the Wireless Tether beta app, and everything seems to work perfectly fine :/ Here's what I did.Just search Wireless Tether Apk on google and it's like the first hit. Open the Wifi Tether app, under the Settings menu, select "Change Device Profile" and select Droid X. Now everything should be good (you can enable security if you want, but to test it I left it off.) now click start tether.It will try to start the tethering and then the 3G mobile Hotspot will pop up in the notification bar, don't do anything with it. I tried once and couldn't connect to it all. So just give the Wifi Tether app a little bit to run. After no longer than 30 seconds, tethering should be running and you should be able to connect to it via another device. (PC, Cell Phone, etc)
    Mine does the little 3G mobile hotspot thing... And I can connect to the hotspot. But on my device it directs me to Verizon's wifi web page. Ho do I get it to not do that. Thanks

Technician X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Did you install the actual tether patch? You need it on gingerbread WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

+ Reply to Thread

Ads